Can I change Agrarian Skies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys I have only just started playing Agrarian Skies but I wanted to know if I can add mods to this pack. I know it says you can't remove mods.

I wanted to add Mekanism and Big Reactors into the pack but I am not sure how this will work with the way your get ores in this pack. You need "Yellorite Ore" to build a big reactor so I am not sure if I am able to get any does anyone know? This is also the same with Mekanism with Osmium Ores.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has a bit of compatibility (you can get osmium via sieving gravel), but Big Reactors doesn't. It will also break the balance of AS.

Reactions: RealSketch

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
What was meant by "don't remove mods" is that the quests require certain mods. So removing Thaumcraft not only prevents you from doing the Thaumcraft quests, but mess up due to any Thaumcraft rewards.

Plus, it's balanced towards the mods in it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
What would happen if I added all of the stuff for the Hardcore Quest mod from AG to a custom pack?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Of course you can change it... but I won't do bug support... and I will probably poke fun at you if you add turtles or dartcraft.
If only you could you tweak turtles to sometimes randomly switch to a block seeking rogue mode that has the turtles randomly start hunting down and eating all nearby blocks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What would happen if I added all of the stuff for the Hardcore Quest mod from AG to a custom pack?

I tried that, adding all the special mods and configurations from AG to Monster, and it worked... kinda
some mods threw some ID conflicts, but alot of special configurations, like the Minetweaker configurations mostly didn't work anymore when using Monster
that really shows how finetuned and detailed Agrarian Skies is and how much time and effort went into making the pack