Can anyone tell me how I can select which molten ore comes out of my Smeltery drain?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
should just be able to click on the metal in the smeltery controller. Not sure if it is a feature in 1.5 or not tho :/

UnwaryScalpling

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's what I assumed, but it doesn't seem to be working...
I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
The bottom one. Or, in case of special applications (like making casts), the bottom-most valid metal (be it gold or aluminum brass).

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
this is why the trend of dumping all of your ores into one smeltery is inconvenient :p

edit: wait, on newer versions you can click the metal you want in the controller? still weird putting it all in one o_O

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
the click to select what liquid comes out is only in TiC 1.6
This.

Also, the Mindcrack guys and other youtubers are showing people how they dump multiple ores into the smeltery. This is a bad practice because you can end up creating unintended alloys. Gold and Silver become electrum, tin & copper become bronze, and almost sorts of combinations depending on your mod pack's selection of mods. It is best to just dump one type of ore at a time or only dump multiple types when you specifically want an alloy. If you really want to dump lots of ores, make multiple smelteries.