Request Can 2GB Run A FTB Infinity Server?

Can 2GB Run A FTB Infinity Server?

• Yup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with a little lag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trollulz

Jul 29, 2019
Well infinity is one of the most requiring ftb packs, and most of it actually comes down to the cpu, now it might be able to, but 2gb is really little for infinity, so there really wouldn't be enough for more than two players on at a time, if it even makes it that far, also if you hit the max amount of ram, the server will crash, not necessarily lag. I suggest getting more ram if you wish to run a ftb server, try to get somewhere around 8 Gb if you want a small little infinity server, but again, it mostly comes down to the cpu.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Ignore the people suggesting 8GB for a small server and Nodecraft. I would suggest a baseline of 1.5GB and an additional 0.5GB for each player. If you want, tell me your budget so I can recommend some good VPS or dedicated servers if your budget fits.

Reactions: lenscas

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
For how many players? That budget is pretty tight for what I consider to be a small server which would be 3GB of memory.

3GSNHosting doesn't look terrible buts its a relatively new company so I wouldn't trust them to still be around in 2 years plus there is a good chance they are just reselling OVH stock. People might moan about the low single thread performance but a VPS from OVH might be your best bet. 3 vCores and 4GB of memory should be enough for a small Infinity server. https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Frostbite is worse if anything. Servers aren't just about specs, its also about quality. 35 minute ticket response time isn't very good and the recommended player numbers tells me they are massively overselling their hardware. 10 players per 512MB is just outrageous even for an optimized vanilla server. Overlooking all that, you don't even get a dedicated IP address.

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOOOOOO Dont use minecrafted BAD host. Iv used them. They DONT respond to support tickets, they take 48 hours to set up your server, trust me DONT.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOOOOOO Dont use minecrafted BAD host. Iv used them. They DONT respond to support tickets, they take 48 hours to set up your server, trust me DONT.
They stated clearly that they dont do support tickets, so that they can offer cheap prices ( DUH), 48 hours... isnt too long for getting such a cheap server, you can put a support ticket if they miss your server and they will get it sorted.... (personal experience) hence its value for money if you know how to handle your own server... If you dont know anything about servers... you would have to get another host

Lemondew

Jul 29, 2019
Ye no again, I had a server through them, it sucked, it lagged (Was 10 GBs) it constantly went down (Was vanilla) Their claimed "24/7 uptime is lies." I have had personal expeiriance with them. Im with GGservers now. $3/GB/Month and their Tech support is amazing. only have had 2 issues with them, (Once when my panel got ddosed and another when someone cause the entire panel to corrupt) Now i only have 6GBs and run a direwolf server. :D

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Ye no again, I had a server through them, it sucked, it lagged (Was 10 GBs) it constantly went down (Was vanilla) Their claimed "24/7 uptime is lies." I have had personal expeiriance with them. Im with GGservers now. $3/GB/Month and their Tech support is amazing. only have had 2 issues with them, (Once when my panel got ddosed and another when someone cause the entire panel to corrupt) Now i only have 6GBs and run a direwolf server. :D
Well I had a 6 GB server agrarian skies with them, never had an issue with it.....