Cacti makes water bukcet recipe ?

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
3 vanilla cactus blocks in a vertical line on the left side of a 3x3 crafting grid is giving me a vanilla bucket of water. Is this an ID conflict, or is this a feature from a mod ? Free buckets/iron is a def no-no for my pack(s)/server so I'd like to know whats going on here...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just checked my pack (1.6.4), no such recipe. So most likely some mod is adding that, have fun finding that.
It's a not well thought out recipe, so check all the "smaller" or "lesser known" mods you might be using.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Seems a bit of a cheaty recipe, but I'm guessing some magical mod implements it in. All tech mods make the game harder, magic just makes things easier and fun!

Reactions: Sigma85

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Could be that desert survival mod from ModJam. Iirc the intention was to make you able to do early game entirely/mostly on things found in the desert.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Sigma85

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like intended functionality rather than an ID based conflict
what modpack/spoilered modlist?

Ohhhh man...I have like 250 mods atm in this particular pack...Do you really want me to do that ? lol

And yes, this recipe sounds sort of not so well thought out...and quite cheaty...
I don't recall this recipe before, but this specific pack is one I made strictly for testing compatibility/stress so I add/remove mods all the time. But I recall the *most* recent additions were Ars Magica 2, Resonant Induction & Project Zulu...I was just hoping to identify the mod so I can look out for similar recipes and make sure it's not some strange conflict or something. Since the recipes using vanilla items/ IDs, I'm guessing it is intentional as well; so I guess I can remove it with Minetweaker if nothing else...

As always, thanks for the replies !

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
AM2 doesn't do it. Resonant Induction I doubt does it, because Project Zulu is a mod with great scope. It is likely Project Zulu. Speaking of which, I should get it again...

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
AM2 doesn't do it. Resonant Induction I doubt does it, because Project Zulu is a mod with great scope. It is likely Project Zulu. Speaking of which, I should get it again...
That was also my first guess, but I cant find reference to it... If only Minetweaker had a way to tell you which recipes were added by which mods...Waila is infinitely useful for everything BUT that...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That was also my first guess, but I cant find reference to it... If only Minetweaker had a way to tell you which recipes were added by which mods...Waila is infinitely useful for everything BUT that...
It'd be easy for me with MultiMC and all that. Just copy the instance and disable project zulu, instant knowledge of if it's from Project Zulu.

Reactions: Sigma85

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhh man...I have like 250 mods atm in this particular pack...Do you really want me to do that ? lol

And yes, this recipe sounds sort of not so well thought out...and quite cheaty...
I don't recall this recipe before, but this specific pack is one I made strictly for testing compatibility/stress so I add/remove mods all the time. But I recall the *most* recent additions were Ars Magica 2, Resonant Induction & Project Zulu...I was just hoping to identify the mod so I can look out for similar recipes and make sure it's not some strange conflict or something. Since the recipes using vanilla items/ IDs, I'm guessing it is intentional as well; so I guess I can remove it with Minetweaker if nothing else...

As always, thanks for the replies !
just use grep on the mods folder and it will make you a txt file for all the mods ;)