Building a team for RFTools?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all. Today I realized that RFTools is becoming one of the bigger mods which is touching a rather big range of things in Minecraft. While I'm rather happy with my mod with regards to functionality, balance, and general concepts there are a few things that I'm not as good in as I'd like to be. The user interfaces of the blocks in my mod are not always very nice and usually look functional but rather bland. My english is sometimes a bit technical so the online manual is perhaps not the easiest to understand. I'm also not an artist so my textures are not always the best. So maybe it is time to try to get some more involvement from the community. Basically I'm feeling around to see if there are perhaps people who might be interested in helping me with RFTools. I want to keep a tight grip on development so I will not accept everything that people throw at me and to begin with I'm not going to give anyone write access to my git repository. You basically have to gain my thrust before I do that. But still I like to work in an open manner and in fact there have already been various contributions by different people and so far I have merged all of them :)

So basically I'm looking for people with the following skills:
  • Texture artists (and perhaps later also model artists when I will need those).
  • People who can help add some sound effects here and there.
  • Manual writers (both for the wiki as well as the in-game books).
  • People who can make nice user interfaces. That means people who know how to design a good UI and also know how to code it in Java.
  • Testers who can go deep in the murky depths of Minecraft to help find issues and make sure my mod works well in all situations.
  • And perhaps who knows, just general coders who can help me implement various systems in my mod.
So far I can still cope on my own but it would be nice to make RFTools a really nice and friendly mod with the help of a team.

So anyone interested? :)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, I don't trust that :)

Just kidding! In any case, I basically mean that I'd like to oversee (at least in the beginning) a bit closely what people are doing with my mod. It is 'my child' so to speak and I'd don't want people to treat it badly :) That can also mean giving it too much candy so its teeth go bad!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do you have a link to a wiki for this? I personally don't have time to sit down and write articles for it, but I can teach people how the wiki code works.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to contribute with models. I'm not in a position where I can join a team right now, but if you ever need models made, just give me a shout - I'd be happy to help.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok thanks. Note that I'm not planning on making this 'all official'. This basically just is to see how is willing to help contribute here and there.