Building a half slab floor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I was watching a DocM video the other day, and he was making a stone slab platform over a mob spawner. He said that turtles would place the slab in the top half and not the bottom, so he was placing slabs manually. I found a shortcut for that, which is to use Wand of Equal Trade on a platform of solid blocks. Then, I tried using a Filler and that works as well, it places the slabs in the bottom half of the block. Any other ideas? I wonder if a turtle would work placing them upwards.

servovicis

Jul 29, 2019
turtles place the half slab closest to them, unless there's a block 1 away. so if your turtle is in the air, placing a half slab above it, the half slab will be the lower half of the block, if it places it down, it will be the upper half of the block. this is reverse if there is a block 1 away though, as it will place the slab along that block

Reactions: RealSketch

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
A Thermal Expansion Crescent Hammer can flip half slabs from bottom to top. If you make the turtle place then hammer the slab, then it should work just fine.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Builder's Wand? If you have Extra Utilities installed, it could be of great use, it allows for the extension of a structure formation by 1 block, only allowing a maximum placement of 9. And it does take the blocks placed from your inventory.
It's sad that I had to write that page just so I could post this...

servovicis

Jul 29, 2019
another thing worth mentioning is if you use turtle.place() with a Thermal Expansion Crescent Hammer selected in its inventory, it will also flip the slab. So say you have the hammer in slot 16. This would flip the slab below the turtle.
Code:
turtle.select(16)
turtle.placeDown()