BuildCraft Quarry Stopping Randomly?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BlueFusion12

Jul 29, 2019
I recently upgraded to FTB Ultimate, and quarries seem to be somewhat broken. When I start one up it works fine, but if I leave it for a while (aka. when offline) it will eventually stop. The structure stays, but I get the yellow lines inside the structure and the drill disappears.

2013-03-26_15.47.15.png

This happens in when the quarry is in the default world and others. I am running a server with FTB Ultimate.

Any fixes? If I need to provide any additional information please ask!

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that you have power. What are you using to power it? Where are the item going?

Try removing all the vines going into the quarry area.

BlueFusion12

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that you have power. What are you using to power it? Where are the item going?

Try removing all the vines going into the quarry area.
Yes, it is powered by 3 magmatic engines receiving lava via endertank. The items are going into enderchest where they are sent to my processing plant.

The vines are not causing it, as I put my last one in an ocean with the same result.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it is powered by 3 magmatic engines receiving lava via endertank. The items are going into enderchest where they are sent to my processing plant.

The vines are not causing it, as I put my last one in an ocean with the same result.
Are the engines still running? They may not like being hooked up directly. Try placing pipes/conduits between them and the quarry.

BlueFusion12

Jul 29, 2019
They are already hooked up by pipes:

2013-03-26_16.11.31.png

(Yes they are off now because it broke and I didn't feel like setting it up again, but when the issue was occurring they were on.)

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
No. Isn't the quarry supposed to load it's own chunks?

That chunk loader I put there to try and fix the issue... Didn't fix it.
Yes, however the chunk loading feature of it does not persist upon world reloading. Try loading the entire area with chunk loaders an see if the problem persists.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The engines/lava/pipes could be on an edge and be in a different chunk the quarry isn't loading

Indeed, this might very well be the issue. If, for example, the lava pipes are outside of the chunk being loaded, you'd have an issue. Use NEI (or the F3 debug screen if you don't have the latest version of NEI) by pressing F9 twice to check the chunks.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, this might very well be the issue. If, for example, the lava pipes are outside of the chunk being loaded, you'd have an issue. Use NEI (or the F3 debug screen if you don't have the latest version of NEI) by pressing F9 twice to check the chunks.
He added a chunk loader at the station to try to fix it, but it didn't work.

BlueFusion12

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm back and I tried a lot of things, no luck.

- I put a chunk loader on the quarry so it covered the entire quarry and machines.
- I tried pumping lava into a geothermal generator to power electric engines
- I tried using a redstone engine to pump lava out of the endertank instead of its built in pumping
- I looked in the config files to see if something may be causing it.

Any help?

dippy2k8

Jul 29, 2019
hi its a bug if the quary is running when the server/single player closes while the quary is running iv had it countless times just make sure you stop the quary before restart and you should be fine