Buildcraft pipe help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoffey11

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to automate my Coke Ovens. I have a chest full of coal with a wooden pipe attached to the bottom. I have a autrachic gate on the wooden pipe set at (Space in inventory=Energy Pulse). I have a golden pip attached to the wooden pipe which then runs underneath the center of each of my 9 coke ovens. The Ovens except the coal but keep trying to take more after they get a full stack of 64 and spit it out the front. Any help?

Here is my setup:

C=Chest W=wooden pipe with gate O=Coke oven brick G=Golden pipe

C OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO
W G G G G G G G G G
G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G G

I am using FTB Ultimate by the way.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So you know, gates only read the inventory/machine they're attached to. It doesn't search through the rest of the inventories in the pipe system.

A different method that would work is using diamond pipes attached directly to the coke ovens set to all pathways blank except coal going to the coke oven. Diamond pipes don't send to an inventory that is full, so this means it will send all the coal to the first coke oven until it's full, and then it will send coal to the second one until it's full and third one etc down the line, on the last diamond pipe in the row, put an iron pipe to bounce coal back into the system.

Also, you'll want to use sandstone pipes to prevent the pipes from connecting to the coke ovens too.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've done this before to prevent overflow: Set the original wooden pipe to require a redstone signal. Attach a wooden pipe with a gate to the coke oven. Set it to emit a redstone signal if there is space in the inventory. Send the signal to the wooden pipe. This should be a little buggy, but definitely work. Another alternative would just to use RedPower's Filter.

Here are my two set ups
Let W = wood pipe with gate
Let O= coke oven brick
Let G = gold pipeLet C = chest
Let R = redstone/red alloy wire

________WRR
C______OOOR
WGGGGGG__R
RRRRRRRRRRR

Or using RedPowerSame as before except
Let P = tubes
Let F = Filter

PPPPPPPPPPPP
C______OOOP
FPPPPPPPPPPP

A perfect loop :)

Hoffey11

Jul 29, 2019
so i would just swap out the gold pipe thats going into the bottom of each oven and replace it with a wooden one and a gate?[DOUBLEPOST=1370354424][/DOUBLEPOST]
So you know, gates only read the inventory/machine they're attached to. It doesn't search through the rest of the inventories in the pipe system.

A different method that would work is using diamond pipes attached directly to the coke ovens set to all pathways blank except coal going to the coke oven. Diamond pipes don't send to an inventory that is full, so this means it will send all the coal to the first coke oven until it's full, and then it will send coal to the second one until it's full and third one etc down the line, on the last diamond pipe in the row, put an iron pipe to bounce coal back into the system.

Also, you'll want to use sandstone pipes to prevent the pipes from connecting to the coke ovens too.

so run diamond pipes just below the coke oven into a sandstone pipe that is attached to a coke oven?

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
What he is saying is use one diamond pipe per coke oven. The rest are sand stone to prevent items going in when they shouldn't. Then at the end of the pipe line use an iron pipe and make sure to wack it with a wrench so that all the items bounce back into the system. Even if they get back to your autarcic gate it will go into the chest and be spit back out. Its a spill proof method. diamond pipes are routing pipes that let you pick where certain items are allowed to go. This way you coke ovens will be stocked constantly. You still will need to automatically pump stuff out though.

Hoffey11

Jul 29, 2019
so i should i have the diamond pipes connected directly to the coke oven and make the rest of the pipe below them sandstone?

Hoffey11

Jul 29, 2019
i did that but when the items bounce back, they try to go up the already full ovens and it spits them out!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
i did that but when the items bounce back, they try to go up the already full ovens and it spits them out!

Odd..
For me when my items come to my diamond pipes with a choice of going up the path they're filtered on to a full inventory and popping out, or to go to an unfiltered section and not pop out, they go to the unfiltered section in preference