[Buildcraft] Check a biomass tank in a biogas engine

verbavolant

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,

I just started to play with FTB Unleashed the other day, and I have a setup which use a lot of biogas engines. I give them biomass through waterproof pipes, but when the tank of the engine is full, the biomass just travels randomly (I think) in the pipes. I'd like to set a system which checks whether the biomass tank is full, and if not it would just close the engine "gate" (ie the part of the pipe that leads to the engine) (maybe with an iron gate and a redstone signal) so the biomass continues flowing through the pipe.

I'm sorry if my english is not very good.

Does someone have an idea, or can anyone explain to me how the waterproof pipes work?

Thank you!

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
The first think to do is to set up a overflowered system to store up the biomass, search up railcraft iron tank on youtube and make one of the tank to use as a storage for the biomass.The part where u want to check if the biomass in the engine is full can be check by buildcraft gate.U can make gate by using the assembly table ftom buildcraft. As for the water proof pipe, the golden pipe can store the most amount of liquid but it does not have a speed boost or anything, it is recommended to use liquiduct from thermal expansion as they can hold much more liquid then golden pipe, and doesnt need power to ouput like the wooden pipe, as they only require a redstone signal

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You could have an infinite loop system. You've got your pipes attached to your tank, and then the attach to a massive BC tank. Attach a wooden pipe to that and just have it going in circles.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
U should invest on making a steel tank if u can because they can store x2 the amount of liquid a iron tank can hold, and start learning to use thermal expansion as it is a great addon to buildcraft. if u need any help, just search up direwolf20

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
The excess biomass should fill up the pipe. That's good, it means you're producing more than you're consuming. If you wanted to automated biomass production, I would suggest a railcraft tank. Pump biomass into the tank, then from the tank into the engines. When the tank gets full, the entire system should back up and the biomass production would stop When you turn your engines on, they will begin using biomass, opening up space for more in the tank, and production will resume. If you want to further automate it, you could set up some gate to stop [your treefarm?] from producing biomass materials.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Liquiducts. liquiducts, liquiducts, liquiducts!

Use them. Love them. (they don't do that bounce-around thing - much more server-friendly)