bugs with digital miner from mekanism

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
seems there is one game crashing bug i found,

when going * for telling it what to mine while looking at the config screen as it cycles items it seems to have a render issue that crashed my client

http://pastebin.com/02rFfKie

second Bug is i accidental tried to use the machine while holding a dolly from the Jabba mod and it seemed to pick up half of the machine. it picked up an invisible tile block from it and i could not put it back and when i dropped it in another spot and broke it it broke the miner that was still being rendered and working at the original spot weird

third is a request for it an easier way to tell it to find blocks. like typing in the block name and it can find it or clicking said block in NEI and it add it to the scan list. sadly going "gold" will do nothing also an option to say exclude a block type like -stone probably be awesome it get everything but stone

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Another bug im having with it is at times when trying to open the config window it opens it for a split second and then closes my interface for it

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
ok New bug this one is Game breaking!!! that has now banned the digital miner for mass digging

we learned that using the digital miner to dig up everything underneath is a fatal mistake to the server health.

how it digs is random so soon enough the underground becomes swiss cheese and there are thousands of floating blocks for mobs to spawn....this makes a breeding ground for mobs to spawn....for some reason they also die under ground either lava or mabye the miner will make the block they are poof...this in turn leads to mob essence droping...... which builds up and up and up till there are so much on the ground that you can not see the ground this overload of entities will make when this area is loaded server tps drop to .02

idea for fix? make the digital miner pick up drops and mob essence and also remove liquid source blocks in its digging area

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ok New bug this one is Game breaking!!! that has now banned the digital miner for mass digging

we learned that using the digital miner to dig up everything underneath is a fatal mistake to the server health.

how it digs is random so soon enough the underground becomes swiss cheese and there are thousands of floating blocks for mobs to spawn....this makes a breeding ground for mobs to spawn....for some reason they also die under ground either lava or mabye the miner will make the block they are poof...this in turn leads to mob essence droping...... which builds up and up and up till there are so much on the ground that you can not see the ground this overload of entities will make when this area is loaded server tps drop to .02

idea for fix? make the digital miner pick up drops and mob essence and also remove liquid source blocks in its digging area
The digital miner may also REPLACE blocks mined out with blocks in its inventory, which should stop such problems.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
The digital miner may also REPLACE blocks mined out with blocks in its inventory, which should stop such problems.

this is true, but what if one is using it to build rooms under ground like i was trying to do. i wanted to build underground rooms at my place....the only way to fix it was to nuke my area im now a homeless dragon!

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
So you're using a Quarry replacement as a Filler and you're not using the built-in fill-in function.

I hate to say it, but you're doing it wrong.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
So you're using a Quarry replacement as a Filler and you're not using the built-in fill-in function.

I hate to say it, but you're doing it wrong.
ditgial miner lets me set the depth to start at to dig down and it collects the blocks, a filler doesn't collect, and it has a Y max max range plus you got ti set it up, digital miner, place down feed power tell it to start digging at y 60 when placed at y 64 and go to bedrock, that way surface is left untouched and i didn't have to set markers

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Some solutions to your problem, the filter function is either a type in for ore dictionary specification, OR, if you get a block of what you want it to mine you can put it into the filter too. So that solves your specific problem

Next one, for the spawning entities, do you have extra utilities? I believe it adds a magnum torch, which prevents all spawns in a 64 radius around the torch, will stop the swiss cheese mob spawner

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Some solutions to your problem, the filter function is either a type in for ore dictionary specification, OR, if you get a block of what you want it to mine you can put it into the filter too. So that solves your specific problem

Next one, for the spawning entities, do you have extra utilities? I believe it adds a magnum torch, which prevents all spawns in a 64 radius around the torch, will stop the swiss cheese mob spawner

me and my friends on my server were talking about the magun torch granted i havent looked it up yet but we are not sure what its y axes range for that.

also i was trying to just clear all blocks to make a void underground to build in them

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
me and my friends on my server were talking about the magun torch granted i havent looked it up yet but we are not sure what its y axes range for that.

also i was trying to just clear all blocks to make a void underground to build in them
For that, the Quarry is the better tool, not the digital miner. Each tool has its use. The Digital Miner is superior to the Quarry for getting all the ores out of an area, but the quarry is better if you just want to clear space.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

It's 64 blocks all round for the range. So place it on the surface and no mobs will spawn below it, or above it up to 128

The important thing is, if you're standing on the torch while it's placed, there will be no mobs at all