Bug with tesseracts or intentional behaviour?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
http://thermalexpansion.wikispaces.com/Tesseracts

There's nothing about this issue mentioned above so I'm not sure whether this is a bug or intentional, but why can only the person who placed a tesseract remove it? We have quarries running on our server, each of which has its own energy supply tesseract and item delivery tesseract. When the quarry finishes, other players would like to be able to move them and set them up again in a new quarry location but it's impossible if they were last moved by someone else - it seems like they are tied to that player. As OP and server owner I can move other people's just fine, but non-OPs can only move their own.

Is this a bug with them or intentional? If it's intentional it's extremely annoying.

PS. before someone mentions it, this is nothing to do with the public/private button in the GUI. It makes no difference which one it's set to (and they're always set to public anyway).

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
It's intentional, but other players can still pick them up. Just takes beating on it with a pickaxe for a while.

OK but can you explain why this is? If it's intentional then why can they be picked up by others using a pick? Surely it would be better just to let people use their crescent hammer on them as intended? Doesn't seem to make any sense.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is if you hit them with a crescent hammer/Omni tool/ etc. they keep their setting info. This would mean that if someone had it set to a private channel someone else would be able to access that channel when normally they wouldn't be able to. By making it so other people have to use a pick it should lose the character specific info so people who pick the tesseract won't be able to steal someone else's items/liquids/energy.