BrewsterPunkk here

BrewsterPunkk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody.

Thought it would be a good idea to make one of these seems the easiest way to get to know people.

I have been playing minecraft vanilla for just under 2 years and recently FTB direwolf20 pack for around 3 months. Prior to playing ftb I watched youtuber syndicate project and wondered what this mc game he was playing. Finally paying close attention to the audio for a couple eps I realized what it was. Googled ftb and grabbed the launcher. Having no clue just downloaded the unleashed server and then clicked launch and I was also un aware of the ram allocation and it always look a long time to open. But I didnt realise it just takes a bit to get going so I kept clicking and it said program not responding so because I play on my non gaming laptop I thought it was my computer.

One day opening up ftb and launching the direwolf20 pack leaving it dl longer that expected. I came back to find the game loaded that is how I came to play direwolfs pack. But it doesnt stop there prior to getting started I had to lower all my settings amd I was still getting a max of 27fps which is crazy low and if anyone plays like that wtf!

So attempting to play I googled how to make ftb faster. So the ram allocation amd optifine came into reach and so did alot less lag.

So playing once more I was then stumped on what to do and started playing vanilla style using a regular furnace normal crafting table regular wooden chests and standard ore tools. I turned to youtube once more and seen direwolf20 lets play s6. Watching this over and over it took a while to trying and process all the extras but I tried to follow dires step by step process I just hated the mining until I got the smeltery then the hammer made mining fun.

But getting bored a great opportunity came along. My mates that I used to play vanilla with were going to start their seasonal on off mc adventure again. Never usually lasting more then a couple of weeks as boring as vanilla was. I made it clear about ftb and you need to play it.

Purchasing a server from zellion not the greatest but makes do for the average 3 on at a time unless we're all at home at the same time. The gameplay has now gone from a lousy 2 weeks to a strong 5 weeks with a good learning progress from everyone its become an amazing experience with only the basics and simple mods established we are soons to be prgressing through I guess you could say slightly more advanced areas of the game but we're all enjoying the new blocks I know my friends are getting creative with the extra stuff.

Progress screen shots I will upload but be warned we are still noobs. All comments welcome it will make me a better player.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums. :)
Keep up the good work and attitude and you'll be invited to the Justice League.