BOP Pumpkins? Melons?

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
On our server, I've not been able to find any pumpkins. We're running Biomes O Plenty, so I'm wondering if maybe they don't grow in the new biomes? Also, we've done some rather extreme villager breeding and have yet to come up with a single villager trading melons slices. Melons of course, can only be found this way, or by finding the seeds in dungeon chests, which is nearly impossible. Would very much like to make Magnum Torches, but those require melons.

Is there anything I can do to help find pumpkins (for seed oil) or melons?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Melons are found in the wild, not just as loot and trade items. As I recall melons and pumpkins have always been moderately hard to find.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Spent a couple hours learning IC2 cross breeding today, so I could get past this hurdle. I built 10 or so crossbreeding mini farms, and finally got both pumpkins and melons! Yay. Good to know there's an alternative way of doing it! I even got some cyan dye out of the effort, so I could make my Omniwrench. Seriously - cyan wool as a required ingredient? That's a bit crazy. Anyway, I'm happy now, as I can make magnum torches (which rock btw) and also farm seed oil with pumpkins.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest is the easiest place to find pumpkin / melon seeds, since there are ton of loot chest that contains only that (mini maze, ruins)

Reactions: MadreDeDios77