Blood-Magic

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering, if anyone played around with it much. i wanted to know if its too op or if its fun to have in ur list and play around with.

Sounds pretty good atleast

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I know quite a bit about it. It's the main mod in all of my worlds. Are there specific questions you have about it, or just looking for general feedback?

My bit of feedback:
Blood Magic is extremely powerful if used correctly, but it never becomes OP without serious effort by the player to make it that way. By that, I mean that it takes the player making a MASSIVE auto refilling setup, often requiring several altars. The Bound tool variants are great, they never break but cost LP instead, can be "unleashed" and do some rather fun things. The mod honestly has almost no GUI work for the player (by that, I mean the only one I can think of is the alchemy). It comes with it's own unique set of armor that can be customized by the player; again, it never breaks, but runs of off LP. There's so much more to it that I can't fit into a single post, and shouldn't try to, so if you have specific questions or want more information, let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
^This guy is the resident expert on Blood Magic, as a reminder. What he says is considered a step away from world of god.

That being said, yes, Blood Magic is FUN. Can be a bit hard to get into due to the lack of GUIs and thus NEI support being almost non-existent. And even though the support does exist, it's mostly useless without understanding how to craft the things needed that aren't crafted using any kind of GUI.

But trust me, it's a very fun mod. Not just *FUN* ala Dwarf Fortress, but actually is the normal kind as well.

But it can be pretty damn powerful combined with other mods. Myself and another fellow got a mod author to drop the nerf hammer pretty hard on one of his machines, myself due to how I was able to take cobblestone and make a massive energy profit from his engine. As it turns out, the ability to smelt items for life power isn't that bad, but can be a bit too good if combined correctly. And since Cobblestone is made from Stone Essentia and Entropy Essentia, I was able to generate a pretty large amount of energy profit from those two aspects, as a result of not using actual fuel to get them.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
The best part about blood magic is how well it conveys the flavor of performing arcane rituals. You have huge altars covered with runes, elaborate rituals to summon demons and bind them to your service, and sigils that give you mysterious powers. And all of it is done in a way that is both familiar and tantalizingly different than what is offered in any other mod.

Reactions: Padfoote

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic OP...
No in so many ways. It is insanely fun. Having tools of the equivalent of EE2, but balancing it with LP(not gotten in mass amounts without large setups unlike EE2's EMC). The startup is hard without good regen and it is overall an awesome mod[DOUBLEPOST=1394666837][/DOUBLEPOST]
The best part about blood magic is how well it conveys the flavor of performing arcane rituals. You have huge altars covered with runes, elaborate rituals to summon demons and bind them to your service, and sigils that give you mysterious powers. And all of it is done in a way that is both familiar and tantalizingly different than what is offered in any other mod.
Agreed

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Ty guys for your fast feed back, i activated it and am looking forward to summoning some cool stuff :D
Is their any small good tutorial how to get started with it? otherwise padfoote would be nice if you could tell me that since i have absolutly no idea how to get started :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ty guys for your fast feed back, i activated it and am looking forward to summoning some cool stuff :D
Is their any small good tutorial how to get started with it? otherwise padfoote would be nice if you could tell me that since i have absolutly no idea how to get started :D

It just so happens I wrote a guide on it here. It covers up to the creation of the final altar tier. If you want specific details on items / blocks, I'm maintaining the wiki page for it here. It's not done, but there are a few things there. If these aren't enough, drop by my thread and post. If I don't answer it within a few hours, someone else will be able to help.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
It just so happens I wrote a guide on it here. It covers up to the creation of the final altar tier. If you want specific details on items / blocks, I'm maintaining the wiki page for it here. It's not done, but there are a few things there. If these aren't enough, drop by my thread and post. If I don't answer it within a few hours, someone else will be able to help.

Ty very much, I think i got to the right man about blood magic ;)
will probably take a while till i reach the level that the basics arent enough anymore. Still working on my me automating/railcraft storage ;)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ty very much, I think i got to the right man about blood magic ;)
will probably take a while till i reach the level that the basics arent enough anymore. Still working on my me automating/railcraft storage ;)

Blood Magic has quite a bit of depth to it, so don't be surprised if you're on the "basics" level for quite a while. There's still stuff I haven't fully figured out, but I'll be glad to help with any questions you have.

Reactions: James_Grimm

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic has quite a bit of depth to it, so don't be surprised if you're on the "basics" level for quite a while. There's still stuff I haven't fully figured out, but I'll be glad to help with any questions you have.
Don't be afraid to ask more difficult questions too about the lore of the mod, etc. I hear that the mod maker tends to stalk the forums regularly. Probably just a rumour.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: James_Grimm

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Blood Magic is awesome. Though, I've barely gotten into it.. yet

I'd be interested in hearing about your adventures into Blood Magic. You try it, and I'll try Witchery. Deal?

Also, jetflight (I'd tag but mobile won't let me) I'd be interested in hearing how your intro into the mod goes, and what you used to help you get into it. Research for writing an intro guide, and all that.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing with it for the past couple of months and even though my server has Thaumcraft and Ars Magica, this is the magic system I have been using the most.

Fun, and very dangerous, which is fun .... right?

Anyhow great great Mod. Check out Padfoote's guide if you have not and get started. GREAT GREAT GREAT stuff.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The only downside to this mod really is the difficulty of starting with it without a guide

As it works very differently to other mods (Namely blood altar infusions) it's a bit hard to get away from "Where's my crafting table recipe in NEI!"

Once you're past that stage however, it's very enjoyable, balanced, and very powerful which is what we all love

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
And someone refuses to add an in-game manual :3
To be honest, I would have been fine with NEI recipes for the altar infusions, that would have gotten me through

But.. then on that thought, how on earth would you describe how to make the different tier altars without an in-game guide.. >.>

Random world gen? Oo? (doesn't seem like a good option)

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I would have been fine with NEI recipes for the altar infusions, that would have gotten me through

But.. then on that thought, how on earth would you describe how to make the different tier altars without an in-game guide.. >.>

Random world gen? Oo? (doesn't seem like a good option)
Actually, finding the shattered remains of altars in the world would be pretty cool. Maybe in nether fortresses? Or make them a rare village spawn and have a demon guarding it (and sacrificing the occasional villager)