Blood Magic question(s)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Well I recently discovered Blood Magic thanks to Ako's LP and watching him take on multiple Withers at once in the Bound Armor and it not doing direct damage to him but instead hitting his Soul Network which automatically refills if he is around his base. So I have a few questions for those of you who use Blood Magic whether it be just a light dabbling into it or a heavy investment into it;

1. The Tier 5 Blood Alter, what is your opinion on the best place to put it? Do you prefer to put it above the ground level? On ground level? Or below ground level? I have a build idea in mind with having the alter in the somewhat center of my base. Also do you put it in the main part of your base? Like do you build your base around the alter or does the base come up and the alter get tacked onto an exterior room?

2. Ritual of the Feathered knife & Ritual of Regen; Is there a known range that these work from the Master Ritual Stone? Also curious if the range applies to all directions from the stone; up or down, left or right, front or back.

Might very well have a few more, but for the moment I'm mostly interested in getting some feedback on these 2. Especially the first one.

Thanks
~Zen

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I like to put my altar on it's own little sky island nearby, I have a hard time incorporating it inside my base since it gets so big. Makes the rituals less useful though, have to go afk on the island to charge up.

I don't know what the exact range is, but it looks like a 10-15 block radius from the Master stone. Watching Ako, his works on most of the floor of his base right under the altar but he goes out of range near the edges of the room

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
1- I placed my altar on the ground level, makes easy to hide the runestones.
2-I think it is a bit bigger than a T4 altar.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually gotten that far with the mod, but I would personally just put it at the output of wherever I eventually decide to put my mob farms, or probably put it down first earlier on and then build my mob farms based off it.

For obvious reasons. :p

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
My friend insisted on putting the blood altar underneath the house, because the basement is the kind of place you put things like blood altars. :p

Ended up having to do a massive amount of digging to make room for the Tier 5 upgrade. Punched four holes in the ground to get the beacons to reach the sky.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
My friend insisted on putting the blood altar underneath the house, because the basement is the kind of place you put things like blood altars. :p

Ended up having to do a massive amount of digging to make room for the Tier 5 upgrade. Punched four holes in the ground to get the beacons to reach the sky.
Underground Lairs were made for messing with dark stuff. :p
(LORES!)

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019

Except if you build the room with the T5 in mind. Its one of those things like the MAC, you almost want to build the room that ends up housing most of your AE stuff with the MAC in mind. As sooner or later you end up adding it into the same room. Same with AM2, you build the crafting alter with the idea in mind about having the Three Nexi around it, or at least 2 Nexi (Dark and Light, as you can use a Mana Battery to create Neutral using the Light to power it).

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Except if you build the room with the T5 in mind. Its one of those things like the MAC, you almost want to build the room that ends up housing most of your AE stuff with the MAC in mind. As sooner or later you end up adding it into the same room. Same with AM2, you build the crafting alter with the idea in mind about having the Three Nexi around it, or at least 2 Nexi (Dark and Light, as you can use a Mana Battery to create Neutral using the Light to power it).

Yeah, that's what I would have done with the Blood Altar, but my friend insisted on designing the room himself and that it would "totally be big enough." :p

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
-Silently sneaks in- At least I haven't had a need to make a T6 altar yet. Good god...
-Stealthily sneaks away unnoticed-

Personally I love the huge multi-block structures like the alter, and I think, the bigger, the better.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I am just scared of what we would need for a Tier six altar? 4 Dragon Eggs? 4 of something really nasty that Way adds like a Uber Demon?

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Well we all know one thing about the T6 alter, it will be bigger.

Thing I would like to see for it? Something that is on fire, it just seems to fit with the whole theme. Like the bowls full of coals that people use to light to make a large light for a room, forget the exact term. But having to add a few of those around the T5 alter would really give it an ominous look when approaching it.