Blood Magic altar expert question ???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
OK, I've seen plenty of tutorials to build them, but they all go upward like a pyramid, is there any tricks to make it flat on the ground and integrate it into the floor, can I put any kind of blocks over it to make it flat or the altar needs to see the runes all around, getting ready to start my altar room on top of a tower and I planned 5 blocks down before the ceiling of the lower level so I have plenty of space for it, should I make it 6 for the Tier 6, I'm not 100% sure here. Basically, I don't like the pyramid shape of it and want to avoid using carpenter wedge slopes since they cause a little bit of fps lag.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so, technically, you can hide everything in the ground if you really wanted to. Heck, I've done it many a time. You just, have to have good planning and a way back down to the other layers/tiers so you can edit them with the preferred runes of your choosing.
For example, look at a set-up I had going on in my last world, just, with a crap ton of aesthetics thrown around:
Psq1rfY.png

See how pretty and still functional? My set up here could be extended all the way to tier six if I ever reached that point. Too bad that world's corrupted beyond repair.
The little drop down to the right was how I got down to the other runes and all, also where my well of suffering fit snugly in.

Though, I do have to ask, when I get to this point again, will I be able to use, say, a transvector interface from Thaumic TInkerer elsewhere and link it to the altar so there won't be as much clutter going up to it?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so, technically, you can hide everything in the ground if you really wanted to. Heck, I've done it many a time. You just, have to have good planning and a way back down to the other layers/tiers so you can edit them with the preferred runes of your choosing.
For example, look at a set-up I had going on in my last world, just, with a crap ton of aesthetics thrown around:
Psq1rfY.png

See how pretty and still functional? My set up here could be extended all the way to tier six if I ever reached that point. Too bad that world's corrupted beyond repair.
The little drop down to the right was how I got down to the other runes and all, also where my well of suffering fit snugly in.

Though, I do have to ask, when I get to this point again, will I be able to use, say, a transvector interface from Thaumic TInkerer elsewhere and link it to the altar so there won't be as much clutter going up to it?

That setup looks like really awesome, I suppose not all of the runes on top layer that are showing are effective and some are there only for aesthetics only or I didn't understand how to place them correctly and there could be more than 1 line of runes on each level of the altar, I plan on having a cursed earth mob spawner on top of my altar but I may need more than 1 altar fi I want to automate the boring and extremely hard crafting of the blank slates and such, I won't stay in front of the altar for 3hrs just to craft them, no way, I've watched a few videos that show how to automate this, same thing for essence creation, a nice little autonomous activator with the correct sword to kill the mobs from the spawner should do the trick.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose not all of the runes on top layer that are showing are effective and some are there only for aesthetics only
All visible runes only for aesthetics.
all pyramid is under the floor.
U see 8 columns, altar is at level 0, not above the ground

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Now can I ask you a question here, you seem to have some Botania stuff near your altar, is it a multi purpose room of some kind or can it be useful for something, I love to combine the power of multiple mods to abuse another one.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
in my test world I actually stacked 3 altars ontop of eachother and they still worked.
the top altar would be for normal use, while another altar was for resource creation and the last one for orb charging.

I'd use Steve's Factory Manager to move the blood and items around and below the lowest altar I had a witch reactor to fill my altars, though it'd only fill 1 of the 3 altars sadly.

this way you still have some parts of the altar coming out of the floor, but it'd only have to be with 1 altar instead of 3

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Now can I ask you a question here, you seem to have some Botania stuff near your altar, is it a multi purpose room of some kind or can it be useful for something, I love to combine the power of multiple mods to abuse another one.
botania staff on my IMHO is lp generator, must be XP flower (?) and mana pull

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sorry, spotty internet connection here, the botania stuff I have there is the Fallen Kanade for regen when I needed to kick start lp generation (because sometimes my lp went to zero and none of my rituals would work, including the well of suffering), or just for the cases where I was a little impatient with mobs giving me blood :p
Note that I messed with the settings to prevent the regen=hunger, and none of this is really necessary.