Blood and Bones pack starting strategies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Kudos to Eyamaz in making a pack so painful, it's impressive. :eek:

Only had a chance to try two maps thus far and both.....well, a few minutes into the night, I died. Horribly and gratuitously. Zombies broke down my very walls of wood! o_O The other...well, I'll just leave it at "lava monsters" and the rest is obvious. :oops:

Currently considering a floating starter house now. Anyone have tricks they've tried in order to survive this insanity? The starting point is the hardest...if only because once you've got some actual equipment, how could it possibly get worse? (That's not a suggestion Eyamaz! :p)

And if nothing else, share your horrible, horrible execution tales. :(

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Kudos to Eyamaz in making a pack so painful, it's impressive. :eek:

Only had a chance to try two maps thus far and both.....well, a few minutes into the night, I died. Horribly and gratuitously. Zombies broke down my very walls of wood! o_O The other...well, I'll just leave it at "lava monsters" and the rest is obvious. :oops:

Currently considering a floating starter house now. Anyone have tricks they've tried in order to survive this insanity? The starting point is the hardest...if only because once you've got some actual equipment, how could it possibly get worse? (That's not a suggestion Eyamaz! :p)

And if nothing else, share your horrible, horrible execution tales. :(
Build a hole in the ground and cry yourself to sleep. In the morning go out for resources.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Well I hid in one of those small towers, where you can find gravel as well.
It was in a nice swamp biome with plenty food around. Not to forget, plenty of trees too.
I was smart enough to block all the entrances and staying on the top level.
LOL never made it out through the plenty of leftovers of my nightly fans.

It's been a long time I had a rage quit, hahaha.

Next attempt will be in a mountain wall, where I can have more exits further apart.
It's really a good pack for getting reacquinted with safety rules by dieing a lot.

Tips and Trick are for wussies and it need a little update, charcoal is not that easy anymore.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
From experience from what I've read of BnB, and my personal experiences of my Omega Dawn pack over the last year (which share some similar concepts) the biggest hurdle to players is changing their gameplay. If you play like vanilla, you'll get owned, repeatedly. The amount of times we died on my server in 1.5.2 as we learnt how to "replay" this game :p

Key tips I would give are don't rush and don't panic. After that, work out what would be a secure "base" and get a method of maintaining your food supplies in a "safe" environment. Only until you reach that point should you even consider mining/fighting/exploring.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
For me it is was the logical next step up from Magic Farm 2.
I'm just glad that there are no infernal mobs added to it (god I really hate don't like that mod or thaumcraft :oops:)