block type detection?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way for something to detect what block something is. example i have a block that can change state and when it does i like to have it break and sucked into my ME system

few things i have in mind are energy cubes, tanks, and some blocks over time change state

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
You can make it so that when the block changes state it triggers a Block Update Detector to whatever you want, like push with a piston one of those blobkbreakers from AE, or if you want to have it after certain block updates, then a counter is your way to go( if its in Project RED, since Im not currently sure).

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I think either Extra Utilities or Open Blocks has an Advanced block update detector with a lot of extra options, not just when a block update happens. Alternately, I think Open Peripherals for ComputerCraft will let you identify blocks by type/name using a computer or turtle.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle. I actually coded this a while ago, let's see if I remember...
while true do
turtle.slot(1)
while turtle.compare == true do
turtle.break()
turtle.drop(Any direction where you place an me interface)

This should actually be it. You just need to place the block it changes too in the first slot(upleft) of the turtle.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle. I actually coded this a while ago, let's see if I remember...
while true do
turtle.slot(1)
while turtle.compare == true do
turtle.break()
turtle.drop(Any direction where you place an me interface)

This should actually be it. You just need to place the block it changes too in the first slot(upleft) of the turtle.

be nice but removed computer craft from server since no one uses it XD