Blaze powder/rods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, what is the good source of this substance apart of bees and EE exploit? I think I'll go bees or soul shards, but both things require some annoying waiting/grinding stuff...

I need only three blaze powder as soon as possible to make my first boiler, but other things can wait a bit. I just don't feel like standing near the spawner, killing blazes, eating food and recharging nanosuit again... That's so annoying... And I have to find that big and hard-to-find thing that doesn't like me. I'd like to make a handgun sa well, but that's not a top-priority thing.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
If you only need a small amount look for a desert biome, there's flowers there (whose name I forget) that give a blaze powder when you break them.

t5 blaze spawner is the easiest to make, just need to find a fortress or two in the nether and collect all the natural spawners into your soulshard.

edit: to clarify by easiest to make I mean to do legitimately (not using an anvil) using the soul shard on natural blaze spawners, all you have to do is find and explore nether fortresses.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
The only fortress I've ever found (since I didn't explore Nether before) had only one spawner. It was awful >_<

Flowers are good... I definitely should find some...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Killing blazes is absolutely effortless with some extended fire immunity potions. (Gasp! Argh! Vanilla content! The heresy!)

But if three dust is all you need, go visit a desert. Thaumcraft adds little fire flowers that grow there which drop blaze dust.

Reactions: RedBoss

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can get fire protection by making a hazmat suit, but the issue is not the blazes, but the time required to kill enough of them.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just get Tier 1 or 2 on your soul shard by killing blazes, then go around and absorb all the spawners. They are pretty easy to find.

Reactions: RedBoss

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
Killing blazes is absolutely effortless with some extended fire immunity potions. (Gasp! Argh! Vanilla content! The heresy!)

Irony is, to create fire resistance potions, you need one blaze rod for the brewing stand and 1 blaze powder for the magma cream (at least if you are like me and never see any magma cubes) -- exactly the 3 blaze powder the OP needed.

That thaumcraft plant everyone talks about is called cinderpearl. Have a look here: http://ftbwiki.org/Cinderpearl
If a desert is nearby, this is indeed the easiest option. I got around 40 blaze powder from a single desert biome.

Reactions: EternalDensity

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Irony is, to create fire resistance potions, you need one blaze rod for the brewing stand and 1 blaze powder for the magma cream (at least if you are like me and never see any magma cubes) -- exactly the 3 blaze powder the OP needed.

That thaumcraft plant everyone talks about is called cinderpearl. Have a look here: http://ftbwiki.org/Cinderpearl
If a desert is nearby, this is indeed the easiest option. I got around 40 blaze powder from a single desert biome.
Or, if you use pulverizer on blazerod, you can get 5 ^^

OK, thank you guys. It seems the only reliable constant sources are bees and shards, but I definitely gonna find a desert and get those pretty little flowers.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
Just get Tier 1 or 2 on your soul shard by killing blazes, then go around and absorb all the spawners. They are pretty easy to find.
What I've done is to make a tier 5 slime shard (since slimes are VERY common near my base) and put together a simple slime arena. Then I went to the nether and just killed a few blazes. In the slime arena, almost fill up another slime shard using a top level vile sword, then use the anvil to transfer those souls to the blaze shard. Bang. Tier 5 blaze shard.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Or, if you use pulverizer on blazerod, you can get 5 ^^

OK, thank you guys. It seems the only reliable constant sources are bees and shards, but I definitely gonna find a desert and get those pretty little flowers.

One alternate bee source is to breed up to stark bees which have the magic flower polination, then just spread that to all your other bees. They will make the quicksilver plants and cinderpearl pods spread around your area, pretty solid source though it would be a lot harder to automate gathering of it.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Just build a blaze grinder around the blaze spawner you found in the Nether fortress. You can use oil in place of water, it kills them the same.

Reactions: PonyKuu

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
What I've done is to make a tier 5 slime shard (since slimes are VERY common near my base) and put together a simple slime arena. Then I went to the nether and just killed a few blazes. In the slime arena, almost fill up another slime shard using a top level vile sword, then use the anvil to transfer those souls to the blaze shard. Bang. Tier 5 blaze shard.
This works, but seeing as he doesn't want to use the EE exploit (which is a side effect of multiple mods working together but is technically intended functionality) I'm guessing he really won't want to use an exploit that was never even intended in the soul shards mod in the first place. ;)

Reactions: PonyKuu

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
This works, but seeing as he doesn't want to use the EE exploit (which is a side effect of multiple mods working together but is technically intended functionality) I'm guessing he really won't want to use an exploit that was never even intended in the soul shards mod in the first place. ;)
Technically it's a TE/IC2 exploit, since that's where you're getting extra blaze powder from :p EE's only "fault" is being balanced to vanilla. (And just today I blithely made myself a couple stacks of blaze rods. It's not like it's completely free... though given that my pulverizer is powered by a Factorization solar boiler and I have over a stack of minium shards stockpiled, it might as well be. But I needed to make Ender Pouches :D))

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
it would be a lot harder to automate gathering of it.
How is dispenser with water hard to automate?

Technically it's a TE/IC2 exploit, since that's where you're getting extra blaze powder from :p EE's only "fault" is being balanced to vanilla. (And just today I blithely made myself a couple stacks of blaze rods. It's not like it's completely free... though given that my pulverizer is powered by a Factorization solar boiler and I have over a stack of minium shards stockpiled, it might as well be. But I needed to make Ender Pouches :D))

Of course always when playing minecraft you wish that you could change blaze powder back to blaze rod, it is one of the most important features of EE3 ;). It is a bit beneficial with TC3 and extra bees, but completely broken with IC2 and TE.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I agree. I didn't mean to imply that it was EE's fault, I just called it the EE exploit since that's what the OP called it. I don't really blame TE or IC2 either, since in vanilla the rod->powder conversion is irreversible. It's just a consequence of running multiple mods together.
And yes, I've made many of my blaze rods that way as well. ;)

Reactions: EternalDensity

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Just build a blaze grinder around the blaze spawner you found in the Nether fortress. You can use oil in place of water, it kills them the same.
That's sounds funny. BLAZES, the creatures of fire die in OIL which is pretty combustable ^_^
But that sounds pretty good... Actually, I'd prefer using ice from compressor (is it a compressor recipe?) to make actual water in Nether...

Reactions: OmegaPython

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Of course always when playing minecraft you wish that you could change blaze powder back to blaze rod, it is one of the most important features of EE3 ;). It is a bit beneficial with TC3 and extra bees, but completely broken with IC2 and TE.
Oh I agree. I didn't mean to imply that it was EE's fault, I just called it the EE exploit since that's what the OP called it. I don't really blame TE or IC2 either, since in vanilla the rod->powder conversion is irreversible. It's just a consequence of running multiple mods together.
And yes, I've made many of my blaze rods that way as well. ;)
I just don't feel like using EE to gather infinity amount of <something>. EE2 was completely broken, and some of EE3 recipes make things much easier (Gold -> iron conversion is meh... It prevents you from making tons of diamonds, but it makes Iron easier to obtain (2 diamonds == stack of iron) And ender pearls, which are the pain in the butt become much more accessible (But I use that recipe a lot, becaus hunting Enderman is so slow and risky). So I use EE more carefully, and I definitely don't want to use it to duplicate items.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
That's sounds funny. BLAZES, the creatures of fire die in OIL which is pretty combustible ^_^
But that sounds pretty good... Actually, I'd prefer using ice from compressor (is it a compressor recipe?) to make actual water in Nether...
You can't use ice in the Nether.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Aww... that's sad. I guess that was vanilla change, when they added silk touch to the game...

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Swamp biome I'm guessing same here and I'm also planning a T5 slime spawner to smelt into resin to then be centrifuged into lots o' rubber who need rubber trees anymore lol