Biomes O Plenty & other mods' worldgen (Forestry, ExB, MB, TC4)

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Is BoP world generation playing nice with other mods?

I play on a custom modpack that includes (among other things) BoP, Forestry, Extra Bees, Magic Bees, Thaumcraft 4, and Buildcraft.

After playing for about a week I've realized that I am having a hard time finding beehives (they seem very rare) and that I don't think I've seen a single Forestry tree the whole time.

Which also made me realize that I haven't seen a single Thaumcraft obelisk or Buildcraft oil geyser.

So this has had me spend about 3 hours now generating new worlds to fly around so that I can get a feel about whether or not I've just had bad luck.

Now after that I can say that oil geysers, beehives, and obsidian pillars are definitely being generated. The geysers and beehives definitely feel too sparse. Forestry trees and Thaumcraft obelisks (the ones with chests) are nonexistent; I didn't see a single one of either.

I briefly replaced BoP with EBXL to compare, and though I didn't have a chance to fly around nearly as long (had to leave for work), it definitely felt like there were many more hives and geysers around.

Does anyone else feel this way? Is it a known issue? I can't see in the configuration files for any of these mods a way to bump up the spawn rate to compensate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had trouble finding hives in BoP biomes.

Forestry trees don't spawn naturally. Aside from the base four, all must be bred. The base four are just the vanilla four.

Again, no issues finding Thaumcraft worldgen. I'm not certain how frequent you're expecting them, but they're generated based on the "special" node generation rules in the TC4 configs.

Your best bet for oil is to find an ocean, there's usually much more chance for geysers there; though to be honest, unless you're relying on bees, oil/fuel is a non-renewable resource, and there are better renewable energy sources out there (unless you want to track down the pages to make an ocean/desert oil field world in Mystcraft). (Note: I haven't used BC or IC2 in many months, as their content doesn't interest me at the moment)

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
well it depends on RNG is shitting at you but BoP plays nicely with TC4, Forestry and BC else use mystcraft to control the world gen perhaps you might get yourself lucky with them or there's a chance their generations were all nerfed <_< to compensate the Biome's added

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
I used to play the 1.4.7 Mindcrack Pack about a year ago, which is where I get my impressions about their rarity. It all seemed more common back then.

It may possibly be that so many of the biomes I've been in are super hilly and don't give those kinds of things much chance to generate or hides them better. I might try disabling some of the more exotic biome options to see if it makes a difference.

I do realize there's been a lot of updates/bugfixes between then and now, so it's possible that generation frequency was changed. It's also entirely possible I am looking back through rose-colored glasses, remembering things better than they were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk