Biomes O Plenty FPS drop

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I had a question about BoP in FTB unleashed. I lose about 15-20 FOS just from launching the world with BoP. Now my questions are..

1. Is this normal?
2. If not, how can I fix it?
3. Should I disable certain biomes?
4. Should I just use Mystcraft ages to fill my exploration needs with BoP and load the world as vanilla?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I remember having FPS issues when near trees. I believe it's something to do with them being transparent, but I'm not sure. Try switching to fast for a moment to see if it helps.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I remember having FPS issues when near trees. I believe it's something to do with them being transparent, but I'm not sure. Try switching to fast for a moment to see if it helps.

how bigger the tree, how bigger the lagg
even more when there's a whole forest of big trees

Reactions: PeggleFrank

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I have all my settings for optimal performance. Still lose FPS with BoP even if I have fast graphics on.. Any ideas?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I have the problem with lag around trees, and disabling Chickenchunks helps. I still have to eventually log out of Minecraft due to lag, which lingers even after the game's completely closed, but it's usually after a while of playing. Instead of after a minute with CC active.

This also happens in complex caves, though not quite as badly as with trees.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I have the problem with lag around trees, and disabling Chickenchunks helps. I still have to eventually log out of Minecraft due to lag, which lingers even after the game's completely closed, but it's usually after a while of playing. Instead of after a minute with CC active.

This also happens in complex caves, though not quite as badly as with trees.

I'll try disabling Chicken Chunks and seeing if it does anything. That mod is only used for the ChunkLoader right?

EDIT: Welps that did just about nothing.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try disabling Chicken Chunks and seeing if it does anything. That mod is only used for the ChunkLoader right?

EDIT: Welps that did just about nothing.

in what biome are you in or near when you experience the FPS drop? or is it everywhere in the world?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just having the mod installed causes fps drop

well, in that case I'd consider if you really think BoP is worth the trouble or not...
I can say I don't have it installed because it's just too much content for me, but if you really do want to play with BoP you could try option #4 that you mentioned

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
well, in that case I'd consider if you really think BoP is worth the trouble or not...
I can say I don't have it installed because it's just too much content for me, but if you really do want to play with BoP you could try option #4 that you mentioned
I'll see if 1.6 fixes any troubles but if not, I'll probably just disable it.. I just love the extra flowers and aesthetics it adds for building.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
It lags for me too when I generate new terrain; I'm assuming that their chunk providing algorithms are slow.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It lags for me too when I generate new terrain; I'm assuming that their chunk providing algorithms are slow.

See and that's what confuses me because I know generating new terrain is low, but I get FPS drops not even loading BoP biomes in the world. Just having it enabled lags me.