Biomes o' Plenty biomes not spawning in the 1.5.2 packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
I've started up a few worlds with Unleashed and the DW20 1.5 packs, and while I see Biomes o' Plenty in the mod list, I am seeing nothing but vanilla biomes. Anyone having the same thing happen or know what might be wrong?

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the Biomes o' Plenty world gen or one of the default world gens? Unless you tweak the config they'll only generate if you choose the Biomes o' Plenty world gen, not super flat, default, or large biomes.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
The biomes o' plenty world gen option doesn't show up when I start a new game. Do I need to tweak configs for that too?

Edit: I just noticed that the filename for Biomes o' Plenty as well as several other mods are changed to .jar.disabled in my folders for both DW and Unleashed packs. I'm assuming this is the cause. Is this something that was done on purpose by the devs? I don't think I've done anything besides download the base mod pack, aside from installing optifine.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about Direwolf20, but in Unleashed no, it should be under more world options when you click on the same button to change between the three default worlds. You're certain you enabled the mod on the launcher? It's disabled by default.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
And there's my answer. But why is it disabled by default?

Some people (Slowpoke) don't like biome mods. You may also want to go into the config and set B:"Enable Puddles During Rain"= to false, otherwise whenever it rains a bunch of dirt blocks will turn into puddles that look kind of ugly.