Biomes O Plenty AFTER Worldgen?

MrRostel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I've got the new DireWolf20 Modpack running on a small server, I just recently "accidently" found out that Biomes O Plenty ISN't activated on default.
I'm not sure why, but I had seen different "new" Biomes (nether-biomes, Eucalyptus tree-biomes etc) and hadn't really given it another thought.
Now I've been running the server since release (couple weeks now) and obviously don't really want to Gen another World in order for me to see/use Biomes O Plenty...
Is there any way I can apply Biomes O Plenty to a currently running world? Preferably without losing any Structures?
Possibility #1: If you enable Biomes O Plenty would it possibly apply itself to unexplored/unloaded chunks? Or is the entire Map loaded on Worldgen?
Possibility #2: If I simply enable Biomes O Plenty, would it apply itself to a Mystcraft Age if I create a new one? Or are those details Mystcraft Pages etc also loaded on Worldgen?

Thanks in advance!
Rostel

trev1234

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, if you add Biomes O' Plenty AFTER worldgen, any newly loaded chunks will have their biomes added, or so i think, don't quote me on that, its just an assumption.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
since minecraft worlds are infinite, it only selects the biome when the chunk generates...so it will add it to any new chunks that are created after you enable it.

And a server restart should also add it to the mystcraft library to show up, of course the new pages would only spawn in new chests/villagers...not ones already generated.

Erosparadox

Jul 29, 2019
I did this and it creates weird chunk errors where the level of terrain drops or changes drastically . It will work but will create odd feature as the terrain generation is quite different .Ie where you had chunks loaded before BOP and where the new chunks of Bop meet will looked messed up .I found this most commonly happens on ocean floors but, have seen it on land as well. Personally I would recommend a restart or just continue on as you have been .

Reactions: Riuga

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue You'll have is the terrain gen isn't going to line up properly between the old and new generation, so you'll have some abruptly cut off hills and biomes. Terrain within the original area, and in the new area will be fine though, it's just the transition that will be a problem.

Reactions: Riuga

MrRostel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I renamed the modfile (removed .disabled), and put the BIOMESOP into the level type in the server.properties file, and the world is just crashing on me.... Ender Storage Bug (Item already in use)
Tried it with the BIOMESOP in server.properties, and without, same crashlog...
Guess I'll just wait till DW20 pack for 1.6 comes out, where I reload the world anyway

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
Its not really worth it. The BoP Biomes look really weird and make finding vanilla biomes a real pain.
I just went through the effort of REMOVING the mod after worldgen, by disabling it, saving my base with the Travelling House Mod and the regenerating all the chunks via MCEdit...

Reactions: DanteGalileo

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
If I looko at the pics on gooogle it looks pretty awesome! :)
Why do you need vanilla biomes?

There used to be problems with bees only working in certain biomes, but that has been fixed.
Some people like plain stuff i guess.

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
actually i had quite a lot of trouble finding the right biomes for the gregtech stuff like bauxite. Also the nether looks just weird.
I know that there are lists of BoP biomes around that contain those things, but its just much easier to just use vanilla biomes.
Also, my AE system was spammed with lots of plants, wood and stone types and all the random crap that the MFR sludge boiler now decided to put out.

If you like it you like it, i just dont ;)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
actually i had quite a lot of trouble finding the right biomes for the gregtech stuff like bauxite. Also the nether looks just weird.
I know that there are lists of BoP biomes around that contain those things, but its just much easier to just use vanilla biomes.
Also, my AE system was spammed with lots of plants, wood and stone types and all the random crap that the MFR sludge boiler now decided to put out.

If you like it you like it, i just dont ;)

Luckily the OP is running DW20 ;D
Greglogic, make things stupidly hard and grindy to get when with certain mods.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
You can filter out the stuff you want from the sludge boiler with a diamond pipe and a void pipe.

Only thing that looks weird to me is the garden trees/flowers they need a bit of a rework or change.

MrRostel

Jul 29, 2019
Wait.... what? How on earth did you do that? The Dynmap is awesome!

Edit: Sorry, google helped me out there! Looks like a great plugin!

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out BoP's config moved, had to fix where dynmap looks for that. I'm re-rendering after fixing it this morning ;)

EDIT: hmm, still broken. Sucky. Not sure how I might fix this.