Biome help.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how I could generate a land/dimension that's nothing but floating islands over water. And I am not talking about slime islands. I would love to start building a floating kingdom but I don't really wanna go in for hours and build the world with editing tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
That might be possible with "Better World Generation 4". I've not messed around with it enough to know if it truly is possible or not, but I've seen some crazy worldgens done with it.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check it out...

But if anyone else has suggestions please feel free to jot em down

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If using Mystcraft, the best option would be an Island World type with Stone Spheres. This gives you a large central island, then you can branch out to those spheres for resources.
Stone Spheres will give ores, and can have dirt/animals on them.
You could go more crazy with Stone Tendrils, but that might be too messy.

Might take a few attempts, the island worldgen can result in a few blocks, to a big island.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
What pack/mods do you have?, cause the "Flying mountains" biome from the Highlands mods might be something you would like.

If not mystcraft has a page called skylands which might suit your needs better that the floating islands page, although you may need to test them to see which one is better for you.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 is the pack I use generally because I watch his YouTube and if there is something wrong with his pack he generally lets you know. But I can mix and match for this project as its going to be more of a creative process not a survival/ adventure.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.