Better ore distribution with FTB

Oliwerko

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks!

Has anybody out there tried setting up Better ore distribution with FTB? I managed to run the mod, but am at loss with configuring the non-vanilla ores. I.e. RedPower, TE, Gregtech...

To those that don't know the mod: what it does is basically create large mines of a single ore so you don't need to strip mine. You rather search for a large deposit and then when you find it you need to set up proper logistics because of the humongous amounts of ore you find.

I think it's really cool and makes mining fun, but before I take on the painstaking process of figuring out what to do, I want to ask, whether any of you have any experience with setting this up.

Thanks a lot!

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I've never tried, but from the sounds of it (and with a little tinkering with the configs), something similar to what you described might be achievable by editing the thermal expansion config file. TE deals with most of the ore gen (correct me if I'm wrong), and reducing the spawn rate, increasing cluster size or length, and editing the heights at which the ores spawn might result in something similar.