Best way to update a server?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
So, looking at the launcher and playing single player, it's easy to update by clicking yes when there's a modpack update. My question is is there any kind of way to update a server (just a small group of friends, you know) like, automatically? Or is it still "download server pack, enable disabled mods, copy it to server folder, and check for conflicts?"

I'm just asking to get info lol :3.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Download the new server files, copy over the world and server settings from the old server files (suggest keeping a backup), and launch the server. Keep in mind if you added any mods or edited any config files, make sure you do that again before launching it.

Changelogs are not always complete. Only updating the mods wouldn't fix any config file issues either. There are cases where UrNotFunny's method could cause issues, or partial updates.

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yea, config files. I use beyondcompare to check if any config files have changed and what the changes were. You can compare directories and files with it.