Best way to transport energy into long distance (Ultimate)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

I am playing ultimate mod pack and I was wondering what would be the best way to transport energy over a long distance? I do not care if it is expensive to craft, but i do not it to take a lot of place.

I can use BC energy, EU, steam or charge with the energy conversion mod, so any of those would be fine. The only two things i see right now are:

• Charges are not lost on long distance, so make a huge network of lead wire and everywhere energy is create, i transform to charge, and everywhere energy is needed, i transform it into the right type. Is there a limit a lead wire can take?
  • I can put EU into lapotronic crystals and into ender chests. The only thing is how to detect a crystal is full to remove from a mfe/mfsu and put in ender chest and how to detect a crystal is done recharging a mfsu and remove it for the next one to go in?

Any other ideas? I saw in other mods had teleport pipes, but not in ultimate so i can understand. I do not want to use mfsu carts because i dont want it to take so much place!

DarkClown384

Jul 29, 2019
you can use gregtech IDSU's but I don't know if you are at that stage already, they don't have energy loss, cost a shit ton of resources and then you can use power converters to convert EU to any other energy.

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
How about tesseracts? Energy tesseracts (transmitting MJ) have a loss of 25%, but liquid tesseracts for steam have no loss. If you are using boilers anyway, this should be the best way, otherwise its an option to consider to transform everything to steam and back.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
energy tesseracts have a flat 25% loss (MJ), but the convenience always makes it worth it for me.

You can pipe lapotron crystals around with a pretty easy mfsu/ender chest/emerald pipes set up (the emerald pipes filter full/empty crystals) - can show pics of a setup if needed)

you can also use railcraft mfsu carts and mither mystcraft or portalgun portals - looks cool but takes some more setting up.

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of energy tesseracts, at least one way, i might try it out

The lapotron crystal in mfsu/ender chest was my basic idea, but i didnt know emeral pipes could see the difference between full and empty crystal, that is amazing!

I will have to read more about steam, it seems very interesting if you can use ender tanks, i might use a bit of that too

This is all very helpful!

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Steam seems best to me since you can do it lossless. I usually have far more MJ production than I need and carry around a canvas bag of energy tesseracts, though.

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bit more work but another alternative could be a train with batbox, mfe or mfsu carts. You might have to do some chunk loading with anchor carts.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the systems that allow wireless transmission of raw energy generally have some loss. The best energy transfer systems involve transmitting a solid, intermediate storage medium, like batteries or liquids to be utilized elsewhere.
For MJ / BT, the liquid/item tesseracts are the obvious answer, as BT batteries and steam / lava / bio-whatever are losslessly transmitted. Bonus points for making a system to transmit filled redstone energy cells
EU is a bit trickier, as there's (afaik) no dedicated EU transmission item outside of gregtech. Item tesseracts and lap-crystals are a good option, but require some finagling.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Easy solution: Power into Steam through tesseracts then out into power converters again. Simple, and gentle. Even though I would normally never use this because I like things to be insanely overcomplicated, I'm guessing your not in Creative, so this is the best option. Actually, using Ender Tanks and Steam is an even better option, because you don't need power to get the items.

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
I think I am going to trough moving my energy through steam and ender tanks. Probably still going to store in mfsu until i get cracking on iridium to use IDSU. Would be cool to store some of that steam in big multiblock tanks though

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
How about tesseracts? Energy tesseracts (transmitting MJ) have a loss of 25%, but liquid tesseracts for steam have no loss. If you are using boilers anyway, this should be the best way, otherwise its an option to consider to transform everything to steam and back.

Wow. I didn't know you could transport steam via liquid tesseracts.

Thanks, man. You just saved me a big headache. I'll probably use endertanks instead, but it's basically the same idea.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you use golems to detect/transfer your full and empty lapotronic crystals same way Direwolf is currently exchanging the uranium in his reactor?

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you use golems to detect/transfer your full and empty lapotronic crystals same way Direwolf is currently exchanging the uranium in his reactor?
Should be, and that's another option. Hardest part would probably be making sure they place them in the right slots.

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
Im guessing emerald pipes would be easier then golems, even though it would be very fun to use golems. My wife wouldn't be happy that i ask for tons of golems though: shes the one handling all thaumcraft research and crafting hehe