best way to make mob essence?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
Other possibilities:
- experience berry bushes into vacuum hopper into tank+shower to sewage --> mob essence
- "pet farm" into grinders instead of slaughterhouse: slow but reliable :)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
If you have:
- SoulShards mob spawner, if it still is as op as it was before.
- Draconic Evolution stabilized spawner, upgraded to tier 3. It spawns a ridiculous amount of monsters

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to try e-io spawners into grinders for power->mob essence, those are quite late game though

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean by draconic stable spawners, I have looked and see nothing about them.

Right click with a draconic core on a natural spawner. This converts it to a stable spawner. Then you add a mob soul and upgrades. The fully upgraded spawner is very powerful.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Cursed Earth + MFR grinders.

Agreed. The hardest part is finding a Division Sigil so you can do the ritual to get the Cursed Earth. And don't forget, you also need a silk touch tool to pick up at least one Cursed Earth while all those mobs are attacking you. LOL Silk Touch isn't the easiest thing to get during early game, and I've had games where I just could not find a Division Sigil anywhere. Frustrating, because Cursed Earth is def the best way to get Mob Essence in mass quantity for use in an MFR Auto-Spawner.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
I already had cursed earth at the time of the thread, but I was using the grinder for draconic evolution.. I JUST changed it today for a mfr grinder, and made a village farm, works well.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Other possibilities:
- experience berry bushes into vacuum hopper into tank+shower to sewage --> mob essence
- "pet farm" into grinders instead of slaughterhouse: slow but reliable :)

Berry bushes. Always.

Even better, you can then use the essence to run an autospawner :p

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. The hardest part is finding a Division Sigil so you can do the ritual to get the Cursed Earth. And don't forget, you also need a silk touch tool to pick up at least one Cursed Earth while all those mobs are attacking you. LOL Silk Touch isn't the easiest thing to get during early game, and I've had games where I just could not find a Division Sigil anywhere. Frustrating, because Cursed Earth is def the best way to get Mob Essence in mass quantity for use in an MFR Auto-Spawner.

Wither always lands one :)
Silk touch is easy with TiCon :)

Reactions: RedBoss

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
best way I HAVE FOUND to get the sigil, is by the thaumcraft chests, that spawn in the world, I have found 2 of them in 3 chests I checked, odds seem pretty good.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
In my current world, I got my Division Sigil from a Loonium. I fueled it by eight Endoflames and let the whole automated contraption run over night, all to avoid having to fight the Wither. Soon after I got the Sigil, I realized I needed a Nether Star for something else...

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
personally I prefer a piece of cursed earth beneath a vanilla spawner, spawning mobs even if you're not within 16 blocks of the vanilla spawner, and the mobs get killed by a MFR grinder.
the reason I prefer this method is because it's really easy to shut this build off, by simply having a tinker's drawbridge deploy the cursed earth upon a redstone signal.

downside is you'll need a vanilla spawner, but there's some mods which either spawns them more often, or allow you to pick up spawners

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
personally I prefer a piece of cursed earth beneath a vanilla spawner, spawning mobs even if you're not within 16 blocks of the vanilla spawner, and the mobs get killed by a MFR grinder.
the reason I prefer this method is because it's really easy to shut this build off, by simply having a tinker's drawbridge deploy the cursed earth upon a redstone signal.

downside is you'll need a vanilla spawner, but there's some mods which either spawns them more often, or allow you to pick up spawners
Can also be shut off with just a few vanilla redstone lamps.
This could be done once you reached X amount of mob essence for example. So you'll never have to worry about it :b

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can also be shut off with just a few vanilla redstone lamps.
This could be done once you reached X amount of mob essence for example. So you'll never have to worry about it :b

the best would be using both a drawbridge and redstome lamps because if it's only cursed earth the mobs might still spawn if you're within a 16 block radius, and it it's just lamps the might still be dark spot left for mobs to spawn

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm using only redstone lamps to switch my Cursed Earth mobtrap on and off. Drawbridges aren't necessary because even on Cursed Earth mobs only spawn in darkness. I am, however, using a drawbridge to switch my mobtrap between mob essence production and liquid XP production. If the drawbridge is out, the mobs (pushed by fans) fall into the 3x3 grinding area and are killed by the MFR grinder. If the drawbridge is withdrawn (which also switches off the grinder), they fall onto the diamond spikes below (which enable rare "player kill only" items to drop) and items and XP are picked up by a vacuum hopper.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Do keep in mind that Blaze will spawn regardless of light level. Due to this, the drawbridge is a superior way to disable spawning. That said, maintenance on a Blaze containment area is troublesome without use of a magnum torch (or similar device) because they will always spawn if a player is in range.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ive made mob essence many different ways over the years. One of my favorite ways involved an automatic snowman builder contraption, which unlike normal mobs will continue to spawn no matter how far away you are and even in peaceful mode. But its not exactly easy to set up. Cursed earth mob traps are great, if you can find a division sigil. But I think XP berries are a viable option, just collect all the bushes you find and place them in the radius of an MFR harvester. Use an autonomous activator to right click the berries onto an MFR sewer which converts the XP to essence.