Best way to get 100000 Quartz blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Which type of quartz?

Nether quartz, just make nether seeds from magical crops and plant them with a bunch of growth enhancers from whatever mods you have to hand and MFR harvesters/planters.

This will make nether essence by the ton and then you funnel all that into cyclic assemblers to make it into nether quartz and then the quartz into blocks.

If you go AFK for an hour, you'll come back to an unholy pile of the stuff ;)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
As for AE2 Quartz, you can turn them into seeds in vanilla AE, and then toss them in water. They will slowly grow into Quartz, and will not despawn. You can speed up the growth using Crystal Growth Accelerators.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Cheat it in or ask an admin.

You could collect 2-3k of quartz with a good tico hammer in the nether in a decent amount of time. But 100k... no. The only way to get that much is by idle farming. In survival or pvp environment, it wouldnt prove anything but that you can leave your computer open for days. In my eyes, not really an achievement anyway. So I guess you want that for a pure creative purpose so I'd rather just cheat it in.

But that's just my opinion.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Quarry(unlimited size just gotta have the fences too setup, the perimeter) + bee's that how I did it too get the 300k quartz I needed for a old build.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6, I think ender IO's painting machine can paint blocks, so you could paint cobble to look like quartz as it's just for building with

Reactions: PierceSG

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
i have modpack direwolf20 and yes its the nether quartz :)

Direwolf's pack has MFR so you can go the laser drill route. Just needs constant power and a hole down to bedrock, and whatever color focus that applies to nether quartz.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Ender quarry in the nether, go to the top, use filler to clear out a space and an advanced drawbridge to lay out 64 fences at a time... 256x256 should be a good start;) pump in power, void netherack and away you go.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6, I think ender IO's painting machine can paint blocks, so you could paint cobble to look like quartz as it's just for building with

You can even make it completely see through, just hold a wrench to see through your entire building lol, might lag a little though.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
thanx guys!.. i think bees will be good.. i have 2-3 alvearys and som laser drill components.. so i think i will start with the laser drill, and then build a ender quarry. While this is running i will try to breed the bees :)
need a lot more power than i have now but thats a easy fix.

Nice to have som projects and goals :).. i will post my build :)

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i have done that, and made me ha hammer with speed and fortune 3 but its still not enough (to mutch work).. need a constant supply because i really dont know if 100000 is enough

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Cheat it in or ask an admin.

You could collect 2-3k of quartz with a good tico hammer in the nether in a decent amount of time. But 100k... no.

But that's just my opinion.
Ender Quarry(unlimited size just gotta have the fences too setup, the perimeter) + bee's that how I did it too get the 300k quartz I needed for a old build.

I'm sorry, I just had to point out how I absolutely adore the way these two replies marvelously contradict each other. Moving on'.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, I just had to point out how I absolutely adore the way these two replies marvelously contradict each other. Moving on'.

Whenever I knew that I needed that much quartz I setup a 1024x1024 Ender Quarry in the nether, with it's own Refined bee's and just let it run for about a month, had plenty of quartz by that time and the quarry was maybe 40% thru the area.