Best Way to Farm Force Trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on the official version of Unleashed, and I've been kinda getting heavy into Dartcraft. It's been great, and I'm planning to use force engines as my major source of MJ power. However, instead of running normal energy sources like fuel or biofuel, I'd like to run my force engine on liquid force. I set up a squeezer to get liquid force from force logs, and it works great, but I've been having trouble automating the collection of force logs. I tried putting them in an MFR planter and got nothing. Even planting the trees manually didn't get anything happening with the MFR harvester.

Before I waste a bunch of time on setting up Steve's Carts or Forestry, I'd like to know if there is a better way to collect force logs. My current thought is to use a turtle tree chopping program.

p.s. I know I could use force gems instead, but that would require me to keep running a quarry, and I prefer not to have my energy go dry just because I turned off the quarry for a few days.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Turtles work incredibly well if you want to put the effort in to them. As well I think a forestry multifarm would out-do a SC tree farm with the current iterations. If you're also playing SP and willing to add a mod minalien was kind enough to make a mod(Or patch or something I forget) that allows you to use force trees in an MFR tree farm setup.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, Steve's Carts are the only official way of harvesting Force Trees (not including turtles, which have a category of their own).

I ran a force-powered base for a while, and, in my experience, force gems from a 64x64 quarry will provide more than enough to get you started. When you are more established, you'll need a galgadorian wood cutter with an exotic tree upgrade to be able to harvest continually. I usually migrate to biofuel and boilers then, because the massive amounts of power needed for the MFR laser need it.

I'm tempted on this run through to begin bees early, and rush the wintry branch for the crushed ice. I'm genuinely interested to see what sort of production of it is needed to keep up with a base (given that it make it generate 16MJ/tick with liquid force). Also, worth considering is that fuel is still a much more energy-dense fuel than force. It passed my by initially, because I misread the figures in NEI, but fuel produces at 75% of the rate for 10x the length. Just something to consider.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry farms work well, without dealing with the more extreme cost of a Steve's Carts system. And you'll also get force nuggets with a multi-farm.

You'll need a small sewer/composter system to fully automate it though. One of the Forestry plugins allows you to convert MFR fertilizer to Forestry fertilizer. Though fortunently not much is needed. Plus using a Rancher gets you enough milk for a lot force engines.

I don't know the upper limit but you can run at least five force engines from one Squeezer, and likely more.

Bibble, I've been trying to breed Icy bees in 1.14 Unleashed, and been unable to get them. Is there anything specific you need beyond breeding in a cold biome?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've not tested this.
Perhaps putting a repair enchanted axe of the stream in a tool dynasium?
Use an MFR planter for the saplings.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry farms work well too :) For the record, you don't have to use liquid force. You can use LP to tell your network to keep a specific amount of force gems in the engines.