Best way to create thaumium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ixeling

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find the best way to create thaumium ingots,I am ATM throwing 1 iron ingot and 1-2 blaze rods( I don't remember) to get it, but I believe there is a better way to do it, and I don't care about expensiveness. So what is the best way? Cheap or expensive I don't care!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find the best way to create thaumium ingots,I am ATM throwing 1 iron ingot and 1-2 blaze rods( I don't remember) to get it, but I believe there is a better way to do it, and I don't care about expensiveness. So what is the best way? Cheap or expensive I don't care!

Chiseled sandstone is more plentiful and has less obnoxious aspects.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Best and cleanest way to do it? Thaumium and iron. Thaumium has more praecantatio on it than it takes to make it - if memory serves, one iron and four thaumium make five thaumium. It's a bit slow, but it's very clean.

Note I could be slightly wrong on the exact ratios. It's definitely possible to make a profit though.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
If you have clay, glass, and at least one Arcane Alembic, the cheapest way is to use Magic Tallow as a condensor. Magic Tallow and the wave of a wand produce equivalent amounts of magic tallow and one phial worth of spare Praecantatio. As long as you don't overflow your Alembics, this will release no spare energy into the air. Then mix the phials and iron at a 1 Essentia Praecantatio : 2 Iron Ingot rate, and you'll convert the iron to thaumium at a very low resource cost.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
If you have clay, glass, and at least one Arcane Alembic, the cheapest way is to use Magic Tallow as a condensor. Magic Tallow and the wave of a wand produce equivalent amounts of magic tallow and one phial worth of spare Praecantatio. As long as you don't overflow your Alembics, this will release no spare energy into the air. Then mix the phials and iron at a 1 Essentia Praecantatio : 2 Iron Ingot rate, and you'll convert the iron to thaumium at a very low resource cost.
1 out of 1 poppycocks vote for this method.
Still more expensive than my method - using thaumium doesn't use up phials.
You can do it w/o phials. Just get an alembics worth of praecanto, showe it back into the crucible with a swipe of your wand and toss some iron in.

Ixeling

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much, I will take a closer look at the thaumium + iron, it sounds clean and cheap!

A

Axan0

Use chisel to chisel cobble into mossy cobble
(I know it's passed but it is to help the new players)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Use chisel to chisel cobble into mossy cobble
(I know it's passed but it is to help the new players)

That works in 1.7.10 but I think it was removed in the 1.10.2 version of the mod.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That works in 1.7.10 but I think it was removed in the 1.10.2 version of the mod.

Not that it matters for this case, since Thaumcraft has yet to release for 1.10, and when it does it will be completely different.

Besides, this is a Necro of an ancient thread. Best to let it die.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame