Best Teacher You've Ever Had?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Just like the "I Hate That!" and "I Love That!" threads, this is a companion to the "Worst Teacher You've Ever Had?" thread made by J.

Mine was last year's algebrae/geometry teacher. Not only I do like math, we also have this "advanced math" course which happens after class, twice per week. You enter if you want, it's for free and requires no signup (although we only have like 20 people of over 1000), so the people there are actually good and interested in math - it does not give extra grades or anything. We tend to joke around with the fact that it started with over 400 people and now there are only 20 remaining. He is the teacher there. I've had him as teacher, both as an actual teacher and in the "advanced math" (it's actually pretty advanced - try solving a russian triangle) thing class.
The guy's cool and he has used EVERYTHING as an example. From coding (we actually learned how to code Python during one class) to economics to nature to war strategy to business strategy... Perhaps the best example of awesomeness I've seen him doing was making the "advanced math" class play wargames. I'm gonna tell you, playing against 20 people, all at once, is not an easy task. But it is fun. I don't know, he's the best teacher I've ever had partially because he actually taught things in the class and recognized more innovation and creativity rather than "is your freaking test organzied otherwise I'm gonna take 20% of your note", partially because what I mentioned above.

Well, what about you guys? Was there any teacher you just wanted the class to be longer, just because it was his/her class?

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I was about to create a thread like this...

The best teacher I have 3ver had was my 4th grade general teacher. He was suposed to teach us Portuguese, Maths and something called "middle subject" that is basically sciences+history. Lets just say tbat in the end of the first term, we had our final test with everything we were supposed to learn. And we all did well with outstanding grades. What did we do in the second and third term? That's the coolest part. We basically learnt random stuff, from WW2, to Dinossaurs, weird portuguese grammar and physic. Coolest year ever. Oh, and BTW, that was also the year the govermment started giving computers to kids. Yeah the PCs suck. But he programmed as an hobby and well, my Magellians is still full of Amazing stuff.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
My best teacher was probably my physics teacher from the year before last.

In the first lesson, as a demonstration of forces, we played football with an exercise ball, in the classroom.
He was also a really good teacher, we all got brilliant grades. He was always awesomely funny, and understanding if you ahd a problem, gave about one punishment the whole year to some arse-wipe who had really earned it.

Reactions: dgdas9

50Death

Jul 29, 2019
Best teacher? hmmmm, that would go to both my Media Gaming teacher and ICT teacher, both joke all the time in class, they help out the students that aren't the smartest ones and they all get us the predicted grades were supposed to get (or above). Especially my ICT class, us and our teacher have a tendency to make racist jokes about everyone in the class, so nobody gets offended, just comes back with a joke about the teacher.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I've had quite a few good teachers (i've noticed they got better the higher the year we were in). While in sixth form (not sure what the American equivalent is, sorry) I had this maths teacher, who whenever someone did something bad (which was rare seeing as we were almost adults by then, but i'm told he was like this towards the younger kids as well), he wouldn't really punish them, he'd take the piss out of them with some witty remark, which would leave the offending student unable to reply. The student wouldn't do it again.

Another good teacher I had, also in the sixth form, was my physics teacher. Not only was he passionate about physics, his breadth of knowledge was incredible.

I'll also give an honourable mention to my Year 9 geography teacher. She wasn't that good, but she was really hot (she was petite/thin, with really big boobs). I'm pretty sure half the guys in my year had a crush on her.