Best power armor attachments?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SWGCryand

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure they're called attachments. Regardless, I was wondering what people think is the best. I'm playing a death ban PvP server where I haven't been found..yet. I figured that I would need a decent armor set and home defense. Here's what I have.

Helmet:
  • Battery (The one that requires an MV capacitor. I'll call it an advanced battery.)
  • Advanced plating (Maxed out)
  • Aqua Affinity upgrade.
Chest:
  • Advanced Battery (See above)
  • Advanced plating (maxed)
  • Glider
  • Parachute (Does a glider work with a parachute?)
Leggings:
  • Kinetic Generator
  • Advanced Battery (See above)
  • Sprint assist
Boots:
  • Jump boost
  • Anti-falling-death thingy.
  • Advanced battery.
Power Hand:
  • Pickaxe (Normal pickaxe -> Diamond upgrade)
  • Shovel (Maxed out. Same as pickaxe)
  • Axe (Maxed out)
  • Crafting bench upgrade (I can't open it. That's another question. I still am right clicking?)

That's it! Thanks guys!
- SWGCryand

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could replace mv with hv batteries and you could replace adv plating with forcefeilds and add flight. Idk what resourses you have atm tho. Also don't forget if you go above 25kg it will slow you down[DOUBLEPOST=1370932439][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh also shift + scroll wheel when powertool is highlighted changes mode

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You'll want the melee and ranged attachments to your power hand. Yes, the glider and the parachute work together, but if you weigh too much then the glider will be useless.

What I'd do in a situation like yours is have two sets; a PK set and a fleeing set, where you're always wearing the fleeing set. Fleeing set would be max speed legs with no weight and a jetpack. PK set would be max armor and standard speed. You'd have to chose your armor depending on the situation though.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It is better to have fewer batteries but have them heavier than have lots of smaller batteries (e.g. four half sized advanced batteries give you less power that two full sized advanced batteries). If you are on 1.5 the spinning blade launcher is a nice ranged weapon that isn't too expensive. The mob repeller is also very useful. If you can afford active camouflage that may be useful and even if you can't you could install the transparent armour modules, people might leave you alone or attack you without their best equipment if they think you aren't wearing armour. If you are on 1.5 you can't install transparent armour, press L (by default) to enter the cosmetic customisation screen and make your armour invisible there.

EDIT: Also, on 1.5 the kinetic generator generates quite a lot of heat which can kill you if you are not careful so you may want to avoid it or at least add some cooling (heat sinks, cooling core or heat generator).