Best mystcraft mining age?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not that familiar with mystcraft and I have a question: is there a list of good ages to mine in? I mean, manually mining since I don't have the resources to build a quarry yet. In my overworld, caves are so damn rare, I still haven't found a forest biome (so no bauxite) and no oceans as well (so no sapphires). Has anyone found a cool mining age combination?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from the "dense ores, mining laser, run". I usually just write a stable cave world set to bright typically just with the mushroom biome as it prevents mob spawns, but I don't know what types of biome specific ores you are looking for or rather if it has them.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Cave worlds or mountainous flat worlds will give you more ore spawning space, which is good for Copper and Tin. Remember to actually use the Cave symbol if you want caves. It sounds like you'll want a few cave symbols. Oceans (flat or not) will give you less ore spawning space, which might actually make it easier to find the ores with more strict limitations per chunk... assuming the cave generation doesn't wind up destroying those ores. I don't know when GregTech generates Iridium in the order of things.