Best community builds

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys

I was wonderong what I could build for the community... my server is already established but I would like to contribute some how. Any ideas ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Mob farms are great for community projects, like Birch said. There's also normal farms, like trees and wheat, etc. A trading area, where all of the players can set up TradeOMats to trade with each other (I don't think I said the word trade quite enough in this sentence).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
WP/mobfarms are always good. Having a place for old and new players to go get that leather and wither skulls etc.
A transport hub. Create a hub with portals to everyones houses. You can do this in a mystcraft world so you can connect to all peoples houses in overworld, or with the new intralinking books you could place it in overworld aswell.
An automated train network between houses/points of interest. Probably wont be used much, but rather fun/challenging for everyone to make. Make sure there's plenty of scenic experiences: go underwater, along mountains, over bridges etc.
A central community plaza for noticeboards and other information and fun gimmicks.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Great I was think a kind of resource filled town with farms and shops... but I heard tradeomats are broken in unleashed... is this true ?

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
I second the idea of a train network that runs the length and breadth of the houses/buildings on the server. Would be a fun trip to take, for an established community.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I like Mob farms aswell, maybe an Iron farm, Gold farm ?

Also farms for like all the plants.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I second the idea of a train network that runs the length and breadth of the houses/buildings on the server. Would be a fun trip to take, for an established community.
Difficult part is just to set it up so everyone knows how to use it. I prefer doing it with minecarts and automated stations for spawning/despawning the carts. That requires powered rails though, but everyone can just go click a button to get a cart, get on and off they go.
Yeah I like Mob farms aswell, maybe an Iron farm, Gold farm ?

Also farms for like all the plants.
Just be careful that you don't remove content/purpose for the other people, by adding easy access to all items. That would be more destructive to the community since people will get bored sooner.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If the community is moderately large (5+ people) this is a huge project, and if Railcraft is in the pack, it takes quite a bit of time. I would recommend getting an auto-creosote station set up with a massive iron tank, and a quarry for all of the iron/gold/redstone needed for the tracks, and of course a nice steady supply of MJ power for all of the rails needed to be made in the Rolling Machine.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Difficult part is just to set it up so everyone knows how to use it. I prefer doing it with minecarts and automated stations for spawning/despawning the carts. That requires powered rails though, but everyone can just go click a button to get a cart, get on and off they go.

Just be careful that you don't remove content/purpose for the other people, by adding easy access to all items. That would be more destructive to the community since people will get bored sooner.
Well yes, but if he says people are well established, I guess things like an iron farm wouldn't be too too bad

Or I might be wrong xD It really depends on how you look at things I guess

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Well im sorry guys but the train network wont work.... its a community of 75 with a world limit of 100 000 000 blocks..... we setup a randomtp command so everyone can have their own little corner of the world... we setup basic things but I cant understand why others havent done this?

The iron golem farm is a nice idea and I might even run a copper and tin farm while im at it... but yes the problem is the new comers will just abuse?, get bored, leave.... I can understand the morr basic things like mob farms

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well im sorry guys but the train network wont work.... its a community of 75 with a world limit of 100 000 000 blocks..... we setup a randomtp command so everyone can have their own little corner of the world... we setup basic things but I cant understand why others havent done this?

The iron golem farm is a nice idea and I might even run a copper and tin farm while im at it... but yes the problem is the new comers will just abuse?, get bored, leave.... I can understand the morr basic things like mob farms

I would suggest maybe starting with a cow farm. Everyone can use some beef and leather can be such a pain to find(helped with Dartcrafts new shears). A blaze and witherskeleton farm is also very handy. And both of them reward high amount of xp as well. Maybe set up a little enchanting area as well with storage for enchanted books that people don't need and are willing to share.