Best and Most Efficient Way to Convert RF to EU?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RoyalCreeper12

Jul 29, 2019
I've always had a surplus of RF and not enough EU. So I decided to convert RF to EU. Right now I am using Hydraulicraft with Redstone Pump feeding into a Hydraulic Generator. However, I've been wondering if there is a better way to convert RF to EU. Any help would be appreciated.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the less known method of turning RF into MJ via energy conduits and then feeding that into an electrical engine from forestry.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the less known method of turning RF into MJ via energy conduits and then feeding that into an electrical engine from forestry.
Easier then using Engineers Toolbox, but less efficient for sure.
As far as I can tell, not a lot of options exist to change between them, and @Revemohl covered both lossless ones.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Mekanism universal cable is another option. The newest update apparently fixed the issues.

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried this, but you could try making an Oil Fabricator, and then do the usual to make EU from the oil. But I usually just make Steam Turbines when I want EU.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I haven't tried this, but you could try making an Oil Fabricator, and then do the usual to make EU from the oil. But I usually just make Steam Turbines when I want EU.
That's incredibly wasteful. First you should run it through a refinery and turn it into fuel and then you come out power neutral

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
That's incredibly wasteful. First you should run it through a refinery and turn it into fuel and then you come out power neutral
Power neutral? You can do a bit better then that if you're smart...
And has Emashers Mods installed.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Monster and I just noticed that the Power Converters mod is present in the modpack. However, I also remember reading a thread on here that warned that the power converters mod is horribly buggy and also that the mod was never going to be updated, ever again. In other words... use with caution? Can anyone confirm or refute? The mod worked perfectly for me in Ultimate modpack, and it was a real lifesaver!

Right now I have 125 compression dynamos for my RF (that's 10,000 RF/t) and I have 64 semifluid generations for my EU (that's 2048 EU/t) so I don't think I'll ever need to convert between the two... especially when I left room in my "power dome" for another 125 dynamos and another 64 semifluids. :)

The nice place where conversion comes into play is EU->RF->send thru tesseract->EU so you don't need any glass fibre cable.