Bees what would you say is the must have ones.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I have radioactive and Refined bees. What are some of the others I should be working towards?

I have Max fertility, fast production, both temp 5, both humidity 5, fast flowering and Large Territory serums, so
i think I have a pretty decent string of bees.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Lapis-Ruby-Diamond-Valuable line is often useful. (Remember to mutate for the Ocean Bee in its own biome)

Rejuvenating and Pure bee are nice to have if you get heavily into Thaumcraft (especially handy if you drain ALL of the vis from the Nether, like I did exploring with my pickaxe of the core)

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I set up Direwolf20's turtle mining system. I have 1847 diamonds, 5000 lapis, 900 emeralds. 70k iron ingots. ect ect. Resources I have plenty. This is with gregtech installed. those mining wells rock.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
How does that work?[DOUBLEPOST=1379567577][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh.... Quartz is the most rare resource now - Nether Quartz also..... Im always missing this :(
Here Is dire's setup it rocks.

for nether quartzs I made a mystcraft world that has these huge quartz spheres and my turtles mines them as it goes by them. i have 8193 nether quartz at the moment. i have 5k normal quartz. My rarest is uranium I have 13 apiary and 3 alveary with radioactive bees and they can't keep up with my 11 nuclear reactors.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Here Is dire's setup it rocks.

for nether quartzs I made a mystcraft world that has these huge quartz spheres and my turtles mines them as it goes by them. i have 8193 nether quartz at the moment. i have 5k normal quartz. My rarest is uranium I have 13 apiary and 3 alveary with radioactive bees and they can't keep up with my 11 nuclear reactors.

Thanks. I cant use mystcraft on my server :( - well if your bees cant keep up then "just" make more alveary :) Right now I have 6 running and more than 10k royal jelly

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt, ardite, manyullyn are nice to have and easy to breed. I have around 10k manyullyn ingots in storage. Don't think I'll ever use that many but it's nice to be able to repair your stuff without any limits.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How does that work?[DOUBLEPOST=1379567577][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh.... Quartz is the most rare resource now - Nether Quartz also..... Im always missing this :(

Nether quartz isn't rare at all if you have mystcraft in your modpack.

Even if you don't have mystcraft Tinker's Consstruct will save you. I have a hammer that mines nettherack as fast as my character can run. Just fortune the quartz blocks and you'll be swimming in it.

I like the explorer trait on many of my working bees. Nothing like a casual EXP farm that doesn't need to spawn entities, doesn't make any noise, doesn't require any turtle programming.

I like pure and attractive bees for aura/flux/node management. Real shame the rejuvenating bees got nerfed to pointlessness.

Radioactive bees to cover the one resource for advanced hybrid solar panels you can't create with uu-matter.

Distilled/refined bees for "free" oil/fuel productions, well, other than the cost to centrifuge, squeeze and refine.

The TC ore bees are nice but by the time I had them I didn't have any use for TC ores. Maybe that will change in the near future. ;)

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
biblo if you have greg installed, then you should aim for valuable bees, which produce shiny metal, that you can centrifuge in an industrial centrifuge to get mass iridium

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Nether quartz isn't rare at all if you have mystcraft in your modpack.

Well... for me its rare because I dont have mystcraft on the server (its disabled by admin). So I have only 2 wishes for xmas: Nether quartz with UU-Matter or by bee.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
mystcraft nether quartz balls *_*_*_*_*
Btw, fortune works on quartz right?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Imperial, Industrious, Rural, Tropical and Cultivated are all needed to do anything good.

And of course there are bees that are nice to have: Refined, silicon etc.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
You can get it pretty quick just manually mining with the right tools. Find it with the hammer, mine it with the pick.

http://i.imgur.com/xmUCspq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QQLTLrq.jpg

Thats manual work.... :) I prefer to setup a machine and make that do the work. Right now Im making space for machines so I can craft all what I need without to much delay.[DOUBLEPOST=1379591211][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use Hermetic Bees?

I cant find info about them.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Thats manual work.... :) I prefer to setup a machine and make that do the work. Right now Im making space for machines so I can craft all what I need without to much delay.[DOUBLEPOST=1379591211][/DOUBLEPOST]

I cant find info about them.

Look up Mellow Combs in NEI