Bee help! (possible spoilers)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the past 4 days working on bee breeding (extra bees). I've got my Imperial, and my Industrious, Classical, etc. But I can NOT get my resilient princess. I've tried so many times that I've lost count.

I bred a Rocky Princess with a purebred diligent bee (per the wiki), and I just can't get a stone bee. Or I get one, but lose it in the process of further breeding. I have hardy bees coming out the wazoo, but as far as I know, without a stone bee, I can't get the resilient.

This is the formula I'm attempting to use:

Rocky + Diligent = Stone

Rocky + Stone = Hardy

Hardy + Stone = Resilient

Any tips? Am I maybe missing something?

TIA :)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're getting the hardy ones, stone bees are produced. Just keep trying and maybe add soul frames for bigger mutation chance instead of overwriting.
Also try to add higher fertility first for more offspring resulting in more chances.

(In 1.5.0.2 the Stone Bees will be renamed into Tolerant Bees.)

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I am using Soul Frames, and while I get stone, it's always the recessive gene.

I've just set up my machines though, so I'll try that way.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
try cross breeding the stone bees you get with a bee that doesn't mutate with it. I had to cross my rocky bees with a cultivated to try and get the extra fertility. I tried marble bees, but kept getting common instead. I now have purebred rocky bees with 4x fertility, but lost the 2x temp tolerance and nocturnal in the process. Almost done breeding those traits back in.