Bee Breeding Wiki

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019

Did you ever wonder, what the best possible temperature tolerance is for your bees?
Which bees do you need to breed together to finally get that elusive diamonds producing bee?
Which kind of flowers and "flowers" are used by the different bees?

If you ever had questions like these, fear not fellow apiarist, because the answer is here.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the new Beekeeping wiki, found at http://mc.nessirojgaming.eu/bees.

The database should be finished and fully functional, but the future will add detailed pages about all the other blocks and items used in the adventures of breeding the best bees possible, as well as an introductional howto for everyone new to this endeavour.

If you find any errors or have additional wishes for the future: Please report them in this very thread.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, now I am going to start my adventure of bee breeding. I have never used it before and was waiting for this to give it a start.

btw, thanks for using my logo and text :) you don't need to put a reference to me on it though, use that part of the page for something else!

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
My god finally. Last time I checked you guys had like 2 more pages and that was like forever ago. Nice!

Yet nobody can edit the pages and add information. Nice.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, finally all the bee informations well structured and in one place, this was very much needed! Now I can dump those huge diagrams with tons of confusing arrows everywhere...

Whinoa

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, can you use a fiendish bee in the overworld, or does it has to be in the nether? (Not breeding, just using.)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can if you change it's temperature and humidity tolerances, the extrabees machines can help you there.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
That is great, thank you so much for that!

Not only does it has the bees informations, it also tells us about the various machines.

I know it's a lot of work, and that it is asking a lot, but would it be possible to have the recipes of the centrifuging?
NEI plugins being down for the time being, it would be of a great help to have those somewhere.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Needs moar guides, unless i'm missing them, if I am missing them, please point me in their direction, also, nice work on this, will be really helpful, especially once it's got a little more info in it

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The recipes are a current work in progress. We (by this I mean primarily Nessiroj) are currently building the basic templates we will use in those pages. When the templates work, the rest will be done in a few hours, unless Murphy's Law intervenes.

A warning in advance for the users of Extra Bees 1.5.0.3 (freshly released today by Binnie):
Resilient + Cultivated doesn't result anymore in 4 different metallic bees, one partner has changed.
Resilient + Diligent for 3 of these (Rusty, Corroded, Tarnished), Resilient + Unweary for the last one (Leaden)
These are changes for existing bees, that I've found already. I was wondering, why my tested method didn't work anymore...

Needs moar guides, unless i'm missing them, if I am missing them, please point me in their direction, also, nice work on this, will be really helpful, especially once it's got a little more info in it
Guides will be added, currently the primary function is that of a database. Are there any special questions, that you want answered in guides?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
It'll be nice to have a bunch of subtle hints on how to unlock each bee branch, without full on spoilers.
(Sengir has some brilliant hints on his wiki to get you going- like crossing something common with something wild might cultivate it)​
Uranium is an unstable rock
Oldest nobles are longest lived
Metals are often quite resilient
Valiant bees find opera rather exciting, and turn somewhat psychedelic in hives.
The Ancients worked hard to preserve their noble heritage
Refined resin is rubbery.
Exotic fluids often get viscous.
Resolute royalty provides precious valuables
A gothic hero brought and ended the renaissance
Dragons are invincible.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be nice to have a bunch of subtle hints on how to unlock each bee branch, without full on spoilers.
(Sengir has some brilliant hints on his wiki to get you going- like crossing something common with something wild might cultivate it)​
Uranium is an unstable rock
Oldest nobles are longest lived
Metals are often quite resilient
Valiant bees find opera rather exciting, and turn somewhat psychedelic in hives.
The Ancients worked hard to preserve their noble heritage
Refined resin is rubbery.
Exotic fluids often get viscous.
Resolute royalty provides precious valuables
A gothic hero brought and ended the renaissance
Dragons are invincible.
Nice ideas. There's a good chance, that something like this will come. Maybe I'll use some of your ideas, if that's OK with you.