BC Quarry - what am I doing wrong?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind my problem - there were a few mob spawners in the way of my Quarry and a diamond-level pickaxe (which is what I think the BC Quarry uses) isn't able to break them in the GregTech modpack I'm playing. Until I can find a way to remove them, the Quarry won't work at that location (they're up in the "frame" area of the quarry so I can just relocate the Quarry two blocks in the Y-direction and then it should run (I hope!).

Last edited:

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I like playing GT in hard mode, but this is one annoying setting that I do change in the configs. Usually by the time I've got a BC quarry (no joke in GT) I've long since changed that setting. Interesting consequence though and gives me even more reason for overriding that.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You can break them in GT - just sit there with a pickaxe for 10 mins (not joking) hammering on it, it will break eventually.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up going into creative mode and got rid of every spawner in the way. And now I feel terrible about doing it. LOL But if I go in and change the modpack settings, that also makes me feel the same way - like it's "cheating". LOL But I can't seem to play a GT modpack "legit" - something always happens like this eventually. sigh

You can break them in GT - just sit there with a pickaxe for 10 mins (not joking) hammering on it, it will break eventually.

Not when there's mobs everywhere. I did try "boxing myself in" with cobble so I could spend extended time breaking them... but my Level 4 pickaxe broke after the very first spawner (the Perdito pickaxe) and I have no Thaumcraft rods left to make any more pickaxes. That's when I punted. LOL