Barrel/Quarry system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
So I started using a program off here for my turtle (similar to excavation, but with tweaks) that I'm using for instead of a quarry, my setup was fine but now I'm running 4 turtles at once doing 100x100 holes so it looks like a big 200x200 hole. Now I'm getting so much cobble its clogging my system, I usually would use a void pipe and call it good but I'm using a filter to pull it from an ender chest, pneumatic pipes are connected to a diamond chest>Filter>Router. Router puts everything in barrels,I have another Filter connected to the router that pulls everything that doesn't have a barrel (ores) into a diamond chest(this part will be changed soon to send it up auto smelt system ) . With this setup I can't use BC pipes so I was thinking about putting barrels on the backside of the other barrels (so I can't see it) , put cobble , dirt etc in the barrels, put wooden pipes on the bottom with a gate to do an energy pulse if the barrel is full down to a void pipe . Is this the best way to handle overflow of cobble , dirt etc ?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Put a single filter in-line leading to an incinerator. Put cobble, dirt, etc in the filter and only those items will pass.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I thought you might be able to do something like that but I just started using filters so wasn't sure . Would I connect the filter to my first diamond chest on a different side then the other filter ? If so then I just put the items I want to pull that way into filter and one item will always stay in right?

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Put a single filter in-line leading to an incinerator. Put cobble, dirt, etc in the filter and only those items will pass.

I use a similar setup for my wheat farm, I pass extra bonemeal out through the network to a relay that throws it into a hole with a cactus growing in it. it instantly destroys any extra that I have.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
No.

In-line means between two tubes. Think of it more as a restriction tube with options.

Add it to the very end of your sorting system.

Tube - filter - tube - incinerator

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I thought you might be able to do something like that but I just started using filters so wasn't sure . Would I connect the filter to my first diamond chest on a different side then the other filter ? If so then I just put the items I want to pull that way into filter and one item will always stay in right?
Yes, the filter tells the tube network that it is a valid destination for only those items that you load in the filter.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I know what inline means :p I was just asking If I could do as I described or would the other filter be pulling cobble as well thru the first chest

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
if you feel like hanging on to the excess materials, you could always build a few dsu's from mfr and hook them into your sorting system. i forgot exactly, but off the top of my head, i think a dsu holds something like a billion of a single item.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
if you feel like hanging on to the excess materials, you could always build a few dsu's from mfr and hook them into your sorting system. i forgot exactly, but off the top of my head, i think a dsu holds something like a billion of a single item.

That sounds right.

For all intents and purposes, you could probably just round it up to infinity.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Considering I have an upgraded barrel full of these materials already and always getting more i think I'm ok getting rid of them :)

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
bah, you're forgetting the golden rule: MOAR!!! (of everything)

(okay, so i'm not sure if it's actually a golden rule, but when you can automate nearly everything, why not stockpile like a crazy cat lady who belongs on an episode of hoarders!)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you leave the second filter blank, then yes it will still pull cobble, etc out. That's why you put it in-line after your sorting system.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

More like ~2million. I filled my DSU with cobble the other day. Decided to incinerate the rest instead of making another DSU.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
So I started using a program off here for my turtle (similar to excavation, but with tweaks) that I'm using for instead of a quarry, my setup was fine but now I'm running 4 turtles at once doing 100x100 holes so it looks like a big 200x200 hole. Now I'm getting so much cobble its clogging my system, I usually would use a void pipe and call it good but I'm using a filter to pull it from an ender chest, pneumatic pipes are connected to a diamond chest>Filter>Router. Router puts everything in barrels,I have another Filter connected to the router that pulls everything that doesn't have a barrel (ores) into a diamond chest(this part will be changed soon to send it up auto smelt system ) . With this setup I can't use BC pipes so I was thinking about putting barrels on the backside of the other barrels (so I can't see it) , put cobble , dirt etc in the barrels, put wooden pipes on the bottom with a gate to do an energy pulse if the barrel is full down to a void pipe . Is this the best way to handle overflow of cobble , dirt etc ?
Recycle it! You can use the scrap as fuel, or amplifier for a massfab/matterfab, or make scrapboxes and play the scrapbox lottery. Or you could melt the cobble into lava and spin that into copper, electrum, tin and tungsten. Everything has value, even cobble, especially with Gregtech.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at that stage yet . We don't even have out power figured out quite yet :D
There's your power solution. One generator, batbox, recycler, with the scrap being piped into the generator. Jump start it with a little bit of fuel (wood, coal, charcoal, etc.) in the generator, feed cobble into the recycler, with zero or one overclocker in the recycler, it is a positive power loop. (Not really a loop, since you're inputting cobble, but if you're just going to trash the cobble, you haven't lost anything.)

Reactions: Eyamaz