Banned items and why?

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to have a consolidated list admins can refer to to avoid problems. I would like to keep this to the item and why it's banned and how you banned it.

-item : how disabled : why

-All anchors : disabled chunk loading in config : no need for undo lag
-advanced crafting table : forgeessentials : caused a Cirripedia chunk that reboots server.
- crystal chest : forge essentials : causes lag
-TNT & nukes : config : causes grief
-dynamite : forgeessentials : causes grief
- portal guns : config : can cause grief and lag
- mistcraft ages : config : too much lag but might do a donor mining age

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
canvas bag : FE and pex : Dupe bug
TNT/ITNT its used for some machines, make sure u disable just the use of it, not crafting.
portal gun also had a bug with the moon, fire at the moon, crash the server, don't know if they fixed that

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
-Teslastaff : Gregtech config : Purely a PvP weapon
-Frames : Redpower config : Can be laggy or even a griefing weapon- limit size by config.
-Quarry : Config/FE : Can destroy any block in game, chunkloading.
-Filler : Config? : Can rapidly flatten large areas.
-Feed Station : Config : Excessive amount of breeding- leading to entity lag.
-Soul shards : Config : Excessive amounts of entities.

Crystal chests- the lag is all client side, from the extra rendering needed to display them. As far as I know they don't cause any more server lag than their diamond counterpart.

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know if this trick a friend gave me does work, without testing it myself:

How to remove a Block from a world:
1º Stop server
2º Edit that mod's config and change blockid to 0
3º Start server
4º Stop server again
5º Enable the blockid again
6º Start server, enjoy!

I dont know if that does work. If it doesen't, how can I remove a block serverwide ( On every chunk ) Without logging-in and removing it manually?

Sorry, I think I went just too many off-topic

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the Exert from out public server

THE LIST
Part I: Mod Packs
Portal Gun Mod. Entirely.​
This means NO Long Fall Boots, Portal Guns, all that stuff.​
People would be griefing others with portals on the moon all the time. Not hard to guess.​
Maybe some parts of the mod (Boots?) will be unbanned in the future, but I have no information on that.​
Part II: Single Items
Quarry​
Since the Quarry is also a Chunk Loader, it can cause massive amounts of lag and crashing of the server due to many chunks being loaded at once. Also, they do not respect our current chunk protection system, so they make griefing possible.​
Filler​
Same as above. Additionally, they drop the blocks they mine, which in turn creates a huge amount of entities and may cause corrupt chunks or a server crash.​
Mining Laser​
The Mining Laser does not respect the current protection system, griefing of other players' claimed chunks is possible.​
Turtles​
Same as above. Donors are allowed to have Turtles. Ask an Admin for further information. To donate, view THIS FORUM.​
Chunk Loaders (ANY TYPE)​
Now, as I said before, keeping many chunks loaded at once is bad. Imagine all players on the server had chunk loaders loading XX chunks added to the chunks the player keeps loaded too. That would increase the server load to infinity and make it impossible to play because of the lag.​
Nuke​
I don't think I need to explain that one. Massive destruction.​
Wand of Excavation​
The wand does not respect our current protection system and makes griefing possible.​
Using it is no longer possible.​
Wand of Equal Trade​
With people messing around with the Wand at our spawn building, we have decided to ban it.​
Using it is no longer possible.​
Wand of Frost​
See: Wand of Excavation​
Crystal Chest​
There is a problem with Crystal Chests and their ability to display the content. This increases the count of entities and can cause a chunk to get corrupt. If you get close to a corrupt chunk, your game crashes. Logging in on the server again will immediately crash your game until the corrput chunk gets deleted by an admin. This has already happened to me too, it's not funny.​
If you own one or multiple crystal chests, please contact a moderator or admin. They will happily replace them with diamond chests.​
Soul Shards​
These allow people to create mob spawners which can spawn massive amounts of mobs. This increases server load resulting in massive lag. Mobs will spawn even without the player being close to it.​
World Anchors​
See: Chunk Loaders​
Part III: Restrictions
TNT​
Cannot be placed on the ground to prevent griefing. It is not completely banned due to it being needed as "fuel" for the Implosion Compressor.​
Turtles​
Are only available to Donors, please ask an admin for further information. To donate, view THIS FORUM

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
Not much of an expert if you did not know about the portal gun config in the world folder to disable and change a lot of features hah.

lisim

Jul 29, 2019
Exert as in a Snip from my server, i never said i was an expert and we disabled the whole mod, to many people where using them for wrong, config or not, we see the mod as pointless for what we want

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
Exert as in a Snip from my server, i never said i was an expert and we disabled the whole mod, to many people where using them for wrong, config or not, we see the mod as pointless for what we want
kk, A lot of people on these forums try to be helpful but some of their advice is pretty wrong or none existent. I read the sticky about performance and I lawled when he talked about MCPC stuff from 1.2.5 as a way to adjust RP timers and ugh. I'm glad to see a community want to help but at times a lot of the advice is not always a true kind of advice hehe. Anyway's with portal gun you can disable everything pretty much besides the actual portal if you want.

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of notes:
The Feed Station limits itself when there are enough mobs to prevent spawning too many afaik, but haven't tested it.
The filler has been updated to have a very short despawn time on drops to prevent item lag. You have to be very quick if you want to grab the drops before they despawn - it's almost a game in itself. :p
PortalGun now keeps most of its config in the world save folder rather than the config folder. Not sure why. But you can disable things like the moon shot from the config file found in the world save folder.