Backing up world/install

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
So, for personal reasons I want to create an archive of the current FTB Beta pack and a world that was created in MP so that at any time I can extract the rar, run it, and play in the world. I have the MP map moved over and loading in SP fine, but I can not figure out how to seperate the MC install from the launcher. Anyone have any suggestions? I am fine relying on the MC servers for authentication (if Mojang ever dies and those go down I am sure there will be workarounds). I would really like to decouple it from the FTB launcher though, and I have no idea where to even start there. Anyone have any idea how I would go about doing that?

DeltaByte

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC (by Forkk13) is a program that allows you to easily setup and use multiple versions of Minecraft and it now has an import button for FTB that *should* allow to easily backup your FTB client, especially as the FTB Launcher uses some of the same code as MultiMC. You can find it here - http://forkk.net/MultiMC4