Automating the collection of nether quartz...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
As many of you may be aware, AE requires ALOT of nether quartz and I was wondering whether there was a way I was missing of creating/crafting it. I don't particularly want to set up a quarry in the nether but might if there is no other way??

Any suggestions??

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
MFR laser drill with white focus.
IC2 UU-matter, Netherquartz is really cheap at only 35 mB and 40000 eu.
Huge variety of bees produce it. Just look up Mellow and Certus Combs in NEI.
You can farm it with Magical Crops.

Reactions: Museli

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Magical crops ways:
Farm certus quartz plants to make certus ore, plug certus ore into extractor as mentioned above.
Farm nether plants and use to make nether quartz directly.

Bees:
Mellow combs produce it, you can get them from any of the bees of the monastic branch and from the spatial/quantum branch
Certus combs are specialty produce for the quantum branch and those produce nether quartz as a byproduct.

Boring ways:
Quarry in the nether
Go postal with a fortune III pickaxe in the nether
Go postal with a silk touch pickaxe in the nether and then put the ore in an extractor for 5x funsies.

Reactions: Museli

Eleganten

Jul 29, 2019
Phrasing it like that makes it sound so much more appealing than it actually is
Agreed! I like the idea of going postal in the nether...
Jetpack, silk touch pick or fortune hammer, and you'll be ripping through enough quartz to last you a great while.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
If you're good with Mystcraft, I've seen people create ages with nether quartz veins. It's not automatic, but It would create way more than you could ever use or mine.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft wand of equal trade trading nether quartz out with torches is a good safe way to get nether ores without setting off pigmen and explosions.

Reactions: epidemia78

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the roof of the nether, set up ender quarries, go back to whatever you were doing, like trying to find other ways not to mine other things.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Takes like no time to mine stacks on it with a hammer...if you have flight, that is. I tried growing some once with help from golems and lamps of growth. Predictably, it was hyper-productive.

Reactions: Quesenek

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Takes like no time to mine stacks on it with a hammer...if you have flight, that is. I tried growing some once with help from golems and lamps of growth. Predictably, it was hyper-productive.
In my 1.6.4 world I setup an OVERkill grower for magical crops with like 20-30 lamps of growth surrounding a 3x3 growth platform. I do not know how many lamps of growth are effective however my harvester constantly had work.