Automating industrial centrifuges and electrolizers with AE

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It depends... Do you have redpower available? Do you want to dedicate one machine per recipe, or do you want to use multiple recipes with multiple machines?

If you dedicate the machine, it is quite simple. An import bus, and an export bus tied to a centrifuge or electroliser will do the trick.

If you want use multiple recipe's with a bank of machines, you need to figure out how to keep a specific number of items fed into the machines without any overs or unders. The RP sorting machine is good at pulling out specific stacks of items. Without RP, things are a bit more difficult. Golems and Translocators can both be configured to allow only a certain amount of items in an inventory. There may also be other options that can be used, but I will leave that to your imagination.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Electrolyser - Export Bus into bottom with cell in GUI, this keeps the cells full at all times.
ME Interface on top containing recipes (don't need to do anything with empty cells in the recipe)
ME Import bus on right side which will empty completed recipes.

Ind Centrifuge is pretty much the same.

Right, regarding the recipes you put in the ME interfaces for both the above machines, for obv reasons if you have 1 item going in and multiple coming out this gives you a little problem. You can only specify 1 end product in the recipes, so when creating the recipes use your brain and pick the end produce which means something. For instance when centrifuging platinum dust to get iridium nuggets (and a tiny pile of nickel) create the recipe platinum dust to iridium nugget.

Reactions: Zorkk

coolfocks

Jul 29, 2019
I personally use GT's advanced buffer. I use export bus with cells in gui feeding those cells into buffers which have specified target slot. Export bus to Electrolyser or Centrifuge from top with recipe item and Import bus from side with power feed from bottom. I've always found this very space conservative and fancy looking :>