Automatic RedPower Battery Charging System

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
So it's not included in the pack yet, but I went ahead and grabbed RedPower last night at release and ... well, I was really tired the next morning. But all's well that ends well because I've just put the finishing touches on this little doodad.

s3Dmy.png

It's pretty small, but could probably be smaller. I went through a few (failed) iterations before finally landing with this one. It's a good trade between compact and easy to assemble and read.

It takes empty batteries from one side and sends them through to be charged. About 90 seconds later and you've got a fully charged battery box ready to be deployed! Combine it with some form of teleportation (Ender Chests mod, Teleport pipes, or maybe even mystcraft) and you've got the perfect start to running an underground mining platform- no solar power needed!

Here's the breakdown:

jolmA.png

qfcvg.png

Oh, how I've missed logic gates.. That alone would have taken up at least five times as much space (guesstimating).. Eloraam is a genius!

Feel free to post your own designs or RedPower contraptions! I'm sure mine could go for some optimization.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
I like to charge blulectric battery boxes with bluelectric batteries. Filter pulls charged blulectric batteries from (ender) chest and sends it through tubes to underside of blulectric battery boxes. If there's no room for batteries, no batteries are pulled from the chest. Retriever at other side of tubes is set to pull empty batteries and feed them into a chest for recharging. Two chests, two blocks, some tubes and a redstone pulse allows for infinitely scaleable recharging across multiple sites.