automatic fortune automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
so im trying to figure out a way to completely automate my ore processing i already did the smelting and pulverizing but i need to get the breaking done any suggestions? Btw i dont care what mod or combination of mods are used

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so im trying to figure out a way to completely automate my ore processing i already did the smelting and pulverizing but i need to get the breaking done any suggestions? Btw i dont care what mod or combination of mods are used

MFR has exactly the block you want. it has a block called "Block Smasher" and for some power and mob essence, it can break the ores with fortune. you can set the fortune level from 1 to 3, with 3 using ofcourse more power and mob essence. you could also use the activators from thermal expansion and a pickaxe from tinkers loaded with fortune. one activator places down the ore, and the other activator breaks the ore with the tinkers pickaxe. you'll need something like a hopper to pick up the drops, and you need to keep a check on your pickaxe for when it breaks and needs to be repaired

andguent

Jul 29, 2019
Hermitcrafters are using a "breaker plus" from the mod quarry plus. I think it's included in Monster by default.

It looks very expensive up front, but cheap to operate.

Reactions: RealSketch

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
you can check link in my sig for example of a setup.

one activator places down the ore, and the other activator breaks the ore with the tinkers pickaxe.
last time time i checked it was impossible for me to accomplish, because AA didn't use pick long enough to break the ore. is it possible now?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
last time time i checked it was impossible for me to accomplish, because AA didn't use pick long enough to break the ore. is it possible now?

well, I'm using an activator on my Agrarian Skies world to break the gravel/sand ores, but perhaps it works because they break quite fast
but that would mean if you put enough speed on your tool, that it could also work for normal ores...

andguent

Jul 29, 2019
A flux-infused pick in an autonomous activator can break obsidian. I can only assume a fortune TiC pick would do what you want.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
Hermitcrafters are using a "breaker plus" from the mod quarry plus. I think it's included in Monster by default.

It looks very expensive up front, but cheap to operate.
ive been using that machine but the issue is that its not fully automatic and it doesnt output a redstone signal when theres a comparator runing out of it

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend Block smasher that was mentioned in first reply in this thread too. Ore breaking happens in the internal inventory, using at max Fortune 3. Propably not the fastest, but once it has broken up all ores that have built up, can you really feed it ores faster than it breaks them? Even if it breaks 1 block in 2 seconds, you would need over 10 Laser drills running at 20000 RF/t each to saturate the Block smasher.

(Mob essence from my experience comes fastest using grinder on cursed earth farm in Nether.)

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend Block smasher that was mentioned in first reply in this thread too. Ore breaking happens in the internal inventory, using at max Fortune 3. Propably not the fastest, but once it has broken up all ores that have built up, can you really feed it ores faster than it breaks them? Even if it breaks 1 block in 2 seconds, you would need over 10 Laser drills running at 20000 RF/t each to saturate the Block smasher.

(Mob essence from my experience comes fastest using grinder on cursed earth farm in Nether.)
i have 5 256x256 quarry plus with efficiency, unbreaking, fortune, and silktouch running right now i also have a mob farm for endermen wich takes up the little essence i have at my disposal so can anyone think of any other way to do this please?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Essence Berries combined with something to automatically use them next to a sewer. Infinite (free) mob essence.

andguent

Jul 29, 2019

This. Cursed earth makes free mob spawns very quickly.

Essence Berries combined with something to automatically use them next to a sewer. Infinite (free) mob essence.

Essence berry bushes are a fairly rare find underground, and will grow a small bit of XP automatically. Its best to go caving/ravine hunting for them I think. It seems like a recent change to bushes and/or BC quarries means the bushes aren't as easy to farm for as they were in 1.5.2.

As for the sewer mention, I believe this is a reference to the openblocks XP drain. If one of these drains is installed on top of an openblock tank, it will collect loose XP as well as drain it from players that stand on the drain.

This XP drain however I believe will do liquid XP, not liquid mob essence. Similar, but not the same.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
This. Cursed earth makes free mob spawns very quickly.
But also that there is big difference in what world you use it on.
Overworld and The End: Low spawning rate, but some key ingredients (strings, ender pearls, bones, heads). Essence amount very low.
Nether: High spawning rate with monsters that drop alot of valuable loot (gold nuggets and swords, combine them with cyclic assembler and smelt in smeltery). Essence amount very high.
Make your choice :D

As for the sewer mention, I believe this is a reference to the openblocks XP drain. If one of these drains is installed on top of an openblock tank, it will collect loose XP as well as drain it from players that stand on the drain.

This XP drain however I believe will do liquid XP, not liquid mob essence. Similar, but not the same.
Actually he means MFR Sewer, which does get mob essence from exp berry bushes broken with autoactivators. XP drain gets liquid XP.

Last edited:

andguent

Jul 29, 2019
Actually he means MFR Sewer, which does get mob essence from exp berry bushes broken with autoactivators. XP drain gets liquid XP.

OooooOOOOoooh... * Does NEI search*

I think I need to auto block breaker all of my saltpeter ores just for mob essence now. Heck with fortune.

andguent

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone considering this build, a TiC hammer allows you to block place nine ores and break them all at once. The setup is autonomous activators, MFR sewers, and a vacuum hopper. No MJ/RF required.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone considering this build, a TiC hammer allows you to block place nine ores and break them all at once. The setup is autonomous activators, MFR sewers, and a vacuum hopper. No MJ/RF required.
it's a good idea, but you it's possible to run into situation when activator in a middle runs out of ores and setup stops working.