Automated clay production

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi forum,

I want to create a lot of clay, but i don't have that much rivers around. So i wanted to automate to create clay from red cobble. Anyone an idea for this. The problem is to get the buckets into the chest with a decent timer. If they are to fast, i pump out full buckets, which then block the liquifier ...

Also any other means to get tons of clay (no, not cheating. no, not asking your admin. :p) are welcome here, too. ;D

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft world.
Single biome: Swamp

I've never done swamps for this purpose so I don't know if you have to add lakes or not. Probably do though.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Beta 1.4.2 and i figured a way. Hell, that was complicated. I post it tomorrow, need to get some sleep :)

Hm gotta check swamp for this, but i think my solution is way more cool ... but a bit slow. Perhaps i find a way to speed it up ...

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Locate red cobble, mine as much as you can carry, put it in a carpenter that have a steady power and water supply, enjoy having more clay then you could ever use.

OrionEnsisJim

Jul 29, 2019
alternatively, if you are using factorization, the mixer will produce sludge as a byproduct of the ore refinement process. The sludge can then be used in a mixer with some dirt to get clay. Don't forget that you need a water bucket for a mixer to work.

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
I personally hate the Swamps now due to Slimes spawns there. I made my current house there and am hating all the slimes around now, but on the side note YES there is ALOT of clay there.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Locate red cobble, mine as much as you can carry, put it in a carpenter that have a steady power and water supply, enjoy having more clay then you could ever use.

a carpenter works on red cobble ?!

So i dont need to use this :

Edit: Ignore the gate on the chest. How this works? the right gate sends a signal if the chest is empty and full. that toggles the redstone complex "above" - the pulse switches the redstone complex on and of, thus it creates a signal for the redstone engine. The engine turns on, once the chest is full, pumping all items out until the chest is empty, then turning off.

The transport pipes have to be so long to get all buckets pumped out before new ones come in.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Please poste a screen of your setup :p i won't get a carpenter to work for redcobble ....

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
It only work on "Magic world" clients since FTBBetaA uses an outdated version of xl biomes.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Automated crafting bench + adjacent chest. Deposit filled water buckets and red cobble in chest. It cranks out clay for you.

Water buckets can be easily refilled with a Liquid Transposer from TE.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Automated crafting bench + adjacent chest. Deposit filled water buckets and red cobble in chest. It cranks out clay for you.

Water buckets can be easily refilled with a Liquid Transposer from TE.

Wow thats news to me. Automated crafting, awesome! I could even make a machine, that fills the buckets, puts it into a chest and creates clay for me all day long !

*sarkasm out*

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Wow thats news to me. Automated crafting, awesome! I could even make a machine, that fills the buckets, puts it into a chest and creates clay for me all day long !

*sarkasm out*
GIGO. If you want a better answer, ask a better question.

With a chest buffering the automated crafting bench, you shouldn't experience overflow, unless you have a truly astounding number of buckets you are filling. The entire system can be compacted down to something that can fit in a 5 x 5 at most, and even that is more space than you probably need.

Aqueous Accumulator underneath the Liquid Transposer. Directly adjacent to that is the input chest for the automated crafting bench. Automated crafting bench has output pipe which hits a diamond pipe, empty buckets are routed back to the liquid transposer, clay goes on to your storage area.

Done.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
If you want it automated the "only" way is making scrap. 4 Extruders linked to a recycler (you could use electric sorters to link with) with 5 upgrades (4 just aint enough for the 4 extruders). Then use a redstone engine to send that into a dispenser, and pulse that dispenser with a gate. Then pick up whatever it drops with an obisdian pipe, set everything beside dirt to go into lava (or send it to some other systems). Then just send that into a centrifuge and wait. A stack of dirt will give you 2 clay.

It aint much and its not effitient, but its selfsupplied (NOTE: Power will be needed, but a solar will sort that part). It also provides other materials that usefull elsewhere :)

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.2 i have a turtle with a simple bucket filling script that the crafting table just takes the water from (leaving the bucket) to make my Bog earth. Works like a charm. I pump out of there into a buffer chest, that when full sends a pipe signal to shut off the pump on the crafting table.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
You can get dirt from macerating plantballs and you get plantballs from a lot of plants, using scropboxes for it seems weird. Automatic scrapbox opening sorting and processing is a very cool thing to automate, but I don't think clay is the best outcome from it (I use stack of unoverclocked recyclers and the same amount of extruders).

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
You can get dirt from macerating plantballs and you get plantballs from a lot of plants, using scropboxes for it seems weird. Automatic scrapbox opening sorting and processing is a very cool thing to automate, but I don't think clay is the best outcome from it (I use stack of unoverclocked recyclers and the same amount of extruders).
And aside from that wouldn't it be more productive to just mass fab that scrap and use the UU recipe for clay?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
When we are talking about GT centrifuges, I assume matter fab is used in place of mass fab. With default settings you want to avoid making things with it, that you can get elsewhere. I ended up with so many recyclers, because I thought that matter fab consumes the same amount of scrap per EU, and not scrap per UU (which it actually does).

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
GIGO. If you want a better answer, ask a better question.

With a chest buffering the automated crafting bench, you shouldn't experience overflow, unless you have a truly astounding number of buckets you are filling. The entire system can be compacted down to something that can fit in a 5 x 5 at most, and even that is more space than you probably need.

Aqueous Accumulator underneath the Liquid Transposer. Directly adjacent to that is the input chest for the automated crafting bench. Automated crafting bench has output pipe which hits a diamond pipe, empty buckets are routed back to the liquid transposer, clay goes on to your storage area.

Done.

Did you build this? I wonder how you solved the problem with the buckets ...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Set up a buffer chest adjacent to the liquid transposer on the side which is configured to be the input slot. When it is done with the bucket, it will pull another bucket out of the chest.