Automate a Rolling Machine in a ME Network?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hatebringer

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried setting up an ME interface with the proper recipe as well as a placeholder recipe in the rolling machine (Iridium alloy ingots) and it will not craft. It just throws all the ingredients onto the ground. I have the GT recipe so it requires Iridium plates and a industrial diamond if that makes any difference.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Put a chest next to the rolling machine and attach the interface to that. Put the recipe in the rolling machine. Attack an import bus to the rolling machine.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Put a chest next to the rolling machine and attach the interface to that. Put the recipe in the rolling machine. Attack an import bus to the rolling machine.
They pull from adjacent inventories??? oO All this time, since FTB started, using rolling machines and never knew that. Thanks

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, although you can't change the recipe. So you need 1 rolling machine per recipe that you want to autocraft. Its a neat trick that was originally used in BuildCraft autocrafting tables when using ingredients that didn't stack. That got nerfed so you have to use hoppers, but the rolling machine has and hopefully won't change.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually if you have the recipe laid out in the rolling machine, it should craft the pattern properly instead of dumping them on the ground.

hatebringer

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up going with a chest next to an me interface with the pattern in the rolling machine. Works like a charm.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Its possible, but it provides a nice buffer and it only costs 8 planks. I also do this so I can hide both the import bus and the interface in the wall with facades.

Would someone mind testing without the chest?

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
I just use a ME interface plus import bus and have one recipe already in the rolling machine. I don't see the point of the chest.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was thinking if you use the chest, (wait, will an Interface pump items into a chest? I thought only a Bus would do that?) and you ran out of one material, the chest will fill up with the other materials, and you end up with no space for that last one. So making iridium plates, you run out of diamond dust. The chest fills up with alloy and iridium ingots, and once more diamonds come into the system, your chest is full and everything stops. The Interface makes sure you wont do that.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I just use a ME interface plus import bus and have one recipe already in the rolling machine. I don't see the point of the chest.

I do this as well. I have a rolling machine for iron plates and steel plates in unleashed. Put in the recipe in the rolling machine and the interface has a recipe for 4 iron=1 iron plate. I never needed a chest either. I like the chest idea as a buffer though and it will be useful in my new world with no AE yet.