Auto-bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to automatically breed my bees, but they don't stack in the same stack. I've seen people store them in barrels, but mine simply refuse, and I've finally got a Resilient bee to mutate into a Tarnished and I'm ready to continue the line into other such materials. However, I cannot do it with the bees not stacking. Also, I'm unsure as to how to do the automatic bees themselves but that seems rather easy.

I notice if I breed two bees and the offspring over again they'll stack, but because they've been generated a number of times in captivity, I am unsure as to how to make the number the same. Do I total it out somehow?

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
The stacking problem has to do with the information on the Bees. If only 1 thing is different they won't stack. That includes the number of generations in captivity and many other less obvious data.

If you want to mass store bees you have to use Apiarist's Chests or get the Indexer from ExtraBees (which supposedly has unlimited storage and it has some cool sorting options to help you manage your bees). There isn't much point in mass storing bees though, you only need a few of each type to "multiply" them.

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the stacking is that the Queen and Drone are pure but have different other genes. Like one could be a fast work and another one could be slow for example. If you keep breeding them, they will eventually even everything up and they will stack.

Squed

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any extra bee's machines set up try to get the species serum from the bee, then you can store serums in a diamond chest

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with the stacking is that the Queen and Drone are pure but have different other genes. Like one could be a fast work and another one could be slow for example. If you keep breeding them, they will eventually even everything up and they will stack.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a beealyzer to check the genes of every bee :) (You need honey drops though)

Also you can change tons of these genes and stats with lots of extra bee machines (Eg change their biome, speed)
I know 'bout Beelyzer, it's just they won't all stack into a huge stack.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
A previous version of forestry saved number of generations in captivity on drones, but in the current version it's only saved for princesses. If your bees are identical, they should stack. I have noticed some strange behavior on occasion where two identical bees won't stack, but after shift-clicking them into and out of containers a few times, they change their minds and stack together. Breeding a princess and a drone with identical traits always produces drones that stack with each other up to 64.

Reactions: whythisname

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I know 'bout Beelyzer, it's just they won't all stack into a huge stack.

To make sure that you can stack the drones, you must make sure that the inactive and active traits of those drone are the same, so make a pair of pure bred princess/drone that have the same active and inactive to let them stack (so they won't give you different kinds of drones).

Jake0oo0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't exactly suggest the indexer, storing over a hundred bees or so will crash you when you open it, or at least it did for me!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing all of this people. I'm saying, if I breed xImperial Princess with xImperial Drone whom have the same Genome, the offspring stack, and I rebreed them (poor incested bees.) They're THE SAME GENOME except one single blip being the Generations in captivity. Is there anyway to total that out? I saw in a Direwolf20 video he had like 21 bees in the same stack. Maybe they only do that if you pipe them?

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
Just keep breeding them together and they will stack. I had this same problem but the queen and drone will eventually breed themselves to be exactly the same.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding that sometimes they stack and sometimes they don't. Whatever property that's preventing them from stacking is not visible in the Beealyzer. Also sometimes the beealyzer shows "x generations in captivity" and sometimes it doesn't. It always says "Natural Origin" though.

Any ideas on how to see the missing data or what those properties mean to gameplay?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing all of this people. I'm saying, if I breed xImperial Princess with xImperial Drone whom have the same Genome, the offspring stack, and I rebreed them (poor incested bees.) They're THE SAME GENOME except one single blip being the Generations in captivity. Is there anyway to total that out? I saw in a Direwolf20 video he had like 21 bees in the same stack. Maybe they only do that if you pipe them?

Are you talking about drones or princesses? Princesses won't ever stack.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
The only time I see generations in captivity on drones these days is from ones I've gotten in the wild, with 0 generations. After breeding, the text doesn't show up at all on the drones for me.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
If it's not generations I'm not sure what is causing it, but it's definitely identical drones that aren't stacking properly. Every page of the beealyzer is identical, but they form several different stacks.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem, and it has only started recently, all 5 pages are IDENTICAL but they wont stack. really frustratin because my automation is now popping drones all over the floor.